Rumors

PaDevsFan

First I will say I cannot explain why Scotty would have cancelled his "phone conference" yesterday, but I have a hard time believing it is because he is upset about the rumors of is injury. I do not know the man personally, but that just isnt Scott Stevens. this man is a fierce competitor, a leader and a great hockey player. Arguably the greatest defenseman in the game over the last 15 yrs. That being said, even if he cannot stand Burns, what would he have to gain by prolonging his return, or not having a press conference?? The point is, why would this perennial All Star want to tarnish his career with this situation towards the end of it. Hey for whatever reason he didnt have the conference, that doesnt change what I think will be a return in the near future. I think he will be back for the playoffs, he may be rusty at first but I feel he will be there. He isnt the kind of player to let his team down if he can help it at all. Look last yr when he took the puck to the head. He could have sat out for longer, but he knew his team depended on him. Lets just be patient here and I am sure the reasoning behind this whole situation will start to come out.