Wisla Krak

Revan

Okay, so here's the day: for the first time in history a Polish team beat Barcelona. And not only "a Polish team", but the club from my hometown and the one I've always rooted for and which games I attend. Wisla lost the first leg at Camp Nou 0:4 in an embarrasing fashion and it was pretty clear Barca was going into the Champions League. But after that first game few believed we could actually beat this team, even if the win is too low to advance.

Yeah, Barcelona probably didn't bring their A game. But Wisla had their own problems, they had some key players injured and you know what? Barca's budgets is 380M Euros. Wisla's - 10M Euros. So it's a success anyway and what a great day for Polish football.

Now, let's hope we don't draw Milan in UEFA Cup's first round and play some relatively weak team (although there aren't really *weak* teams at this point, especially for clubs like Wisla, which dominates the Polish league, but isn't much of a threat in Europe, to say the least) and make it to the group phase.

Just wanted to share my joy. :)

Jazda Jazda Jazda! Biała Gwiazda!!! (Go Go The White Star!)

3205813d2010218f12ba433b99c9e069,21,1.jpg

Cleber, scorer of the game's historic lone goal

fb56c8968607eacf8aa19ca157cdf135,21,1.jpg

Barcelona's coach Josep Guardiola. You didn't expect US to but ya, did you?!

d4adaf4a4bdcefc87abab1958a03ff10,21,1.jpg

Wisla's captain Marcin Baszczyński fighting for the ball with Eto'o

OK, I'm going drinking probably. :P Cheers.