AHL season starts!

annabelle

Anyone else pumped for the new season?

Got my tickets for Moose home opener against Hamilton..disappointed it's not against Grand Rapids but it's all good!

Who else is checking out some early AHL action?

Well I'm not planning on going to a game anytime soon--but I do have a question that anyone could answer. I'm big on the NHL and obviously went to a bunch of Devils games in previous years, but I'm going to school in Syracuse University, and I know the Crunch play here. There aren't any games against the Lowell Devils, so anyone have a suggestion as to who I should see the Crunch play? I figure there are plenty of weekend games and I plan on going to maybe one or two while I'm upstate, plus the arena is less than two miles from campus.

So...anyone?

Ah. Sorry to disappoint youse all but I'll warn in advance. I am not going to make it to Profitdents or Shelton this weekend. :evilcry: I'm trying to find out if WCAP will be broadcasting the games (probably not), or if either of the home teams will (also probably not). If so, maybe someone will listen. If not, well, maybe somebody will go and watch the games and share a write-up. :hail: Otherwise you'll be at the mercy of the print media and the teams' webpages. scared001.gif

If WCAP does have a broadcast (probably not!), maybe the Listen Live feature will work. But it's also possible that we will get some canned talk show or the fabulous "The Beatles & Before" musical program. No me gusta!

These are old links for the audio from Bridgeport and Profitdents but they're the best I have for now. As I said, I do not know yet whether they will be covering the pre-season games. I suspect not.

:hail: to anybody who has the fortitude to listen to them, anyway! :hail:

The official AHL game sheets for Friday's and Saturday's fixtures are online. It's possible that they will always be as blank as they are now, but I'm hoping that at least Friday's game will be covered since the Dump is an AHL rink.

Of course, it's Traditional that the L-Devils will not divulge information like lines and defense pairs and injury reports, etc. :argh:But hey, nobody really cares because they're just the minor league franchise, right? :argh:

The Profitdents Yournal may have a story of sorts, but if they can avoid mentioning the L-Devils players, they will do so. :( Maybe this person will blog from the Prunes perspective; maybe there will be a name or two worth reading. And maybe someone can create an account and troll this forum but you'd better be prepared to encounter some serious babisinas!

From the Bridgeport side, if we're lucky, Michael Fornabaio of the Connecticut Post will do a detailed blog post or print edition story. Unless someone here posts a write-up, I'm afraid we'll be relying on him to let us know what happened at this game. I don't know of any other active Sound Tigers bloggers. Maybe someone can create an account and troll this forum for news.

Believe me, those foiler putzes at the Lowell Sun will not be at either game, and if they post anything at all it will be the briefest condensed version off the AP ticker. Sch*

Devilnurn, check out The Moose when they come to town...should be another awesome team this year, even though alot of our best guys are staying up with Vancouver.....

Yes, Mr Desjardins should be nice to see, especially since we have tickets right by his net.....

I'm going to wait until the promotional schedule comes out before I make any kind of real decision...but I think I want it to be a Friday home game. My winter break starts December 12, so I could go to that game on Friday December 12 vs. Wilkes-Barre Scranton, but I'll want to go home that day.

So that leaves Friday, October 24 vs. Binghamton and Friday, November 28 vs. Toronto. Or maybe I'll catch a Saturday game, and the only one that stands out (mostly via annabelle :)) is Saturday, November 8 vs. Manitoba. So it's probably between those three games. Any further opinions?

Otyher than the Moose I would recommend Hamilton, The Marlies if you want to see the next generation of suck or DEF Grand Rapids Griffins. I'm not sure what the rivalries are like down there, if there are any really but I know that whenManitoba plays Grand Rapids it's a MUSt see...Syracuse will be another awesome matchup thyis year with all the bad blood from last years playoff series...

Moose lost tonight 3-1 to Hamilton..nice tribute to Luc though, not as good as having Tom Cochrane sing Big Leagues but still pretty good...

I'm drunk and peacing out, work in the am..boo!

Welcome to Syracuse. As a former Devils season ticketholder, living in Syracuse, getting use to the AHL takes time. The Crunch have a great team this year, hopefully Columbus stay's healthy. As far as what game's to go to i highly suggest any Rochester game. Team's like Toronto, Wilkes Barre, and Binghamton play here alot during the season, so you'll have plenty of chance's to see them. If i was you, i'd try to make a game against somebody like Manitoba, Chicago, Houston. The Lake Erie Monsters are alway's a great game.

most of the pics from the Home Opener were way blurry....

IN the first pic you can kind of make out that the Moose players were all wearing #4 Bourdon jerseys to be auctioned off...i had crappy seats so yeah, booo

post-795-1224138015_thumb.jpg

post-795-1224138047_thumb.jpg

post-795-1224138101_thumb.jpg

post-795-1224138160_thumb.jpg

most of the pics from the Home Opener were way blurry....

IN the first pic you can kind of make out that the Moose players were all wearing #4 Bourdon jerseys to be auctioned off...i had crappy seats so yeah, booo

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Nice idea about auctioning off the jerseys.