Jeff Lerg to get pro debut tonight in Trenton

Devils1985

Will be nice to finally see this kid, I'm sure he can't wait to get back on the ice in earnest.

Ashmore's Blog

Yeah i'm eager to see him too. Unfortunately goaltending was supposed to be a strong point with Coleman and Caruso this year, and Coleman sucked all year and Caruso only turned it on recently. If Coleman had played like he did last year it may have been a different year. Oh well, lets see what the future brings.

Caruso had a rough start, but, to me, has been playing well for awhile now. Only lately did the play of the rest of the team begin to turn around (other than taking stupid penalties which has been the norm all year).

Coleman hasn't looked the same all year, not from the beginning. I don't know if he was mentally set on being in the A and couldn't get over it, or if the injury last year had some effect, or what, but he's definitely not the same guy in nets. He's on IR now, probably jammed a pinky. so he's done.

Lerg is supposed to be really quick. With both Caruso and Coleman being big guys, he should offer a different look. I'd love to see Lerg play the rest of the way except for the home finale, give Caruso that one. Just hope the Jackals don't run him much.

Kevin Cormier is on IR too, shock of shocks. Why the heck is he even with the org anymore? He never plays anywhere and we traded Elbow Boy away. Last game I saw him dress he maybe hit the ice twice. I don't get it. If he's around next year I've gotta think he has something on Lou.

Lerg played okay given he hadn't seen real game action in a year.

Of course it could be said he didn't get to see much last night either, as Johnstown was in mail-it-in mode. So was Trenton for the most part actually, though we seemed to care a bit more thus the 4-3 win.