N.J. Ironmen weighing a one-year hiatus

95Crash

they are probably better off with regular old Plain old indoor soccer, that is just soccer on a small court.

Unstead of the other nonsense that was "xtreme soccer" Hope the other team on xtreme soccer join the boat on the NISL, so indoor soccer has a chance to grow

According to Wikipedia:

The NISL [National Indoor Soccer League] was one of four leagues that organized in late 2008 after the demise of the MISL [Major Indoor Soccer League]; the other two being the PASL-Pro (an offshoot of the Premier Arena Soccer League), RISL [Regional Indoor Soccer League] (which will not play a game until November 2010) and the XSL [Xtreme Soccer League]. The NISL and the XSL were more closely related, with both leagues first announcing four former MISL teams respectively and using the same game rules as the MISL.

It looks like all these leagues are looking to fill the void in the market left by the MISL, which ran from 2001-2008 and which itself had filled the void created when the National Professional Soccer League (NPSL, 1984-2001) had disbanded.

What's also interesting to me -- since, I admit, I never followed this stuff closely -- is that the New Jersey Ironmen first started off in the MISL for one season (2007-08) before joining the XSL (2008-09) after the MISL ceased operations.