Money

squishyx

Randall Monroe has made charts like these before but this one is far and away is his most elaborate and detailed. I don't think this chart will change anyone's opinion but I do think it helps visualize the discussions we have. Often we talk in sheer numeric value and lose sight oh it's actual value relative to everything around it.

Anyway I thought it was pretty neat.

http://xkcd.com/980/huge/

That derivatives market stuff is just bonkers. The derivative market in 2009 alone was 500 times the value of all the money that USA has ever spent on war? Damn.

Some mistakes, though nothing big. Combined net worth of world's 1,210 billionaires: $334,490,000,000? Unless I'm badly mistaken, shouldn't the combined net worth of a thousand billionaires be at least a trillion dollars?

That derivatives market stuff is just bonkers. The derivative market in 2009 alone was 500 times the value of all the money that USA has ever spent on war? Damn.

Some mistakes, though nothing big. Combined net worth of world's 1,210 billionaires: $334,490,000,000? Unless I'm badly mistaken, shouldn't the combined net worth of a thousand billionaires be at least a trillion dollars?

Looks like he has been fixing small typo's or mislabels it as the day progresses, he has that sum as 4.5 Trillion now as you correctly noted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.