Help me decide

ciyenne

Where should I go for 2 weeks this summer  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I go for 2 weeks this summer

• France
    • Greece

Maybe I'll not go to either and bugger off to Croatia instead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been there (before the war, when it was still part of Yugoslavia, actually). It was gorgeous. Great food. Nice people. Lovely scenery (natural and male). The islands off the coast were great. However, I can't say what the bombing between Serbia and Croatia did to the place. Certainly, the damage wasn't as great as anything to Bosnia or Serbia itself. If they have repaired the place, I'd say go for it!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a German pal who went to Croatia on vacation this past year, so I'm assuming there's some lovely resort areas. She loved it there so maybe ciyenne should opt for that trip instead of France of Greece. :D

(I actually voted for Greece, because it seems like it'd be cool to see some of the islands.. and considering you're not thrilled with being surrounded by tourists, find some smaller Greek island)

Yes...which is why a nice island is sounding very good. Somewhere like Kefalonia before Corelli.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, then the Dalmation Coast of Croatia it is!!! Just head for Split and take a boat out to one of the islands off the coast and...well...whatever...

Wow, you're going to France? That sounds really cool, is it part of a class trip? My high school used to have class trips overseas, but they were cancelled after 9/11; the parents were too scared to let their children fly. Suffice to say, a lot of kids were NOT happy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I am going with one of my teachers. She always goes on some kind of trip each spring break. My brother went last year to London with her. I never went on any of those trips with the school before because I didn't want to sit only on a tour bus and go to gift shops and every other tourist trap there is. The trip I'm going on I think we spend time on the bus for a half a day and the rest of the week we are doing whatever we want. I love to be around the people and go to small shops and that type of thing.