Taormina Murphy McAmmond Perkovich Zharkov

Eckford Corrente Walter Snetsinger Vasyunov

Eckford Corrente Walter Perkovich Catonguay

PK

Leach Magnan Gionta Mills

Davison Corrente Sestito Davis

Gionta McAmmond Magnan ?

End of 1: Springfield 0 - 2

0 - 1 Minard, (5) (Linglet), 7:39 Quick wrister by Mindard, may have been screened by Leach or tipped.

0 - 2 Minard, (6) (Linglet, Taylor), 10:22 One-timer over McKenna's shoulder, Minard alone in the slot

MOB mentioned the Lowell PP is having alot of shots blocked, they are waiting too long to shoot the puck. Penalties: Brennan late check on Perkovich; McDonald high stick on Gionta.

End of 2: Springfield 2 - 3

1 - 2 Snetsinger, (3) (Walter, Murphy), 2:01 One-handed backhand over the shoulder of Sorochan. "What a setup by Walter!"

2 - 2 Gionta, (4) (Zharkov, McAmmond), 3:02 Credited to Gio; looked like it went off McAmmond's skate while he was down.

2 - 3 Reddox, (2) (Trukhno, Wild), 11:33 (PP)

Lowell ties it up with 2 early goals, but Springfield takes advantage of the lone Lowell penalty (McAmmond tripping Linglet) to go up 3 - 2. L-Devs PP getting some practice this afternoon, but it's not helping.

Other penalties: Linglet hooking Castonguay @ 7:30, Armstrong high sticking Vasyunov @ 12:37, Wiseman hooking Davis @ 15:19 - "Davis is manhandled by 3 Falcons as he tried to cut through the slot."

Final: Springfield 2 - 4

2 - 4 Minard (Wiseman) 18:47 ENG

Penalties: Brennan hooking @6:06, Sestito elbowing @ 9:00, McAmmond holding@ 10:01, Mills slashing @ 15:24, O'Marra slashing @ 19:48.

Shots: Springfield 6-7-8-21. Lowell 11-10-10-31.

PP: Springfield 1/4, Lowell 0/7

Edited by Birch

Great recap Birch, thanks!

Yeah! Thanks for sticking with the radio and the sloppy, depressing game!

Robitaille and Flynn weren't at the autograph session. Everybody else was, so if somebody had their bags packed they weren't hurrying to catch a plane for Newark. Or do the minor leaguers have to take the train?

I kind of got the feeling that they were upset that he stepped in to something and then refused to really get involved. The three year old I attend games with tends to make me miss a play or two.

I can tell you MacLean was not only furious at the referee but at the team, too. It looked like he was pretty PO'd at Corrente.

In the first few minutes OB mentioned twice that Springfield was targeting Perkovich for something that happened on Friday night

Yeah, and they have 8 more chances to nail him, which they'll do behind the play, if possible. And then there's next season, and the ones after that, should he survive this one. That's OK, "we" get just as many chances to nail "them" in retaliation and thereby escalate the war until there's only a pile of bloody rags. Maybe that's what the fans want, eh? I guess I'll start bringing my video camera and following him around, so if somebody Bertuzzis him I can supply evidence for the criminal case...