Dutch Devil fan

Atterr

Hello Devils fans,

I've been reading the threads for quite some time now, but finally decided to become a member the day after the heartbreaking defeat to Carolina.

I'm from the Netherlands where nobody gives a damn about hockey (although we are pretty good in field hockey). Fortunately I have a friend (a huge Flames fan) who infected me with the hockey virus a couple of years ago. Ever since I've been learning more about the sport and since the beginning of this season I'm officially hooked. As the Devils were one of the few NHL teams I had ever heard about (thanks to winning the Cup a couple of times and Kevin Smith movies), I decided to follow them and slowly became a fan. Can't say I regret the decision as I've seen some great hockey from them this season. It's just such a shame the season ended the way it did. Although I am glad that I can go to sleep now at normal times rather than 4:30 in the morning...

Anyway, looking forward to posting here and learning more from you guys.

I am from Holland. Isn't that vierd? Yesh!

I love gooooooold.

G: Dr. Evil, we still have the ultimate insurance policy. May I present to you, the very sexual, the very toite, Austin Power's fahza.

D: His what?

2: His fahza, Dr. Evil.

D: His farger? What's a farger?

G: His fahza. You know, the fahza.

D: You know Goldmember, I don't speak freaky-deaky Dutch. Okay, perv boy?

G: Fahza, his dad, dad is fahza.

D: Oh, his dad. His *fa-ther*

Right in the kanickies.

Dr. Evil, You look very toit. Yesh, toit like a toiger. Yesh Yesh Yesh.

[picking skin off his back] Oh yesh. Yesh yesh yesh yesh. This is a keeper.

[eats piece of skin] Yesh, shalty. Yesh, that was good.

I vant everyone to have an Amsterdam good time.

----------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to NJDevs :koolaid:

(If you haven't seen Austin Powers in Goldmember, I'm sorry! Couldn't help myself)

(If you haven't seen Austin Powers in Goldmember, I'm sorry! Couldn't help myself)

:lol: Of course I saw Goldmember

It always puts a smile on my face when our small country is mentioned in American movies, whether it's our liberal drug policy (Pulp Fiction) or our funny accents (although Goldmember sounded more like a German accent to me) ;)

Edited by Atterr

Hello Devils fans,

I've been reading the threads for quite some time now, but finally decided to become a member the day after the heartbreaking defeat to Carolina.

I'm from the Netherlands where nobody gives a damn about hockey (although we are pretty good in field hockey). Fortunately I have a friend (a huge Flames fan) who infected me with the hockey virus a couple of years ago. Ever since I've been learning more about the sport and since the beginning of this season I'm officially hooked. As the Devils were one of the few NHL teams I had ever heard about (thanks to winning the Cup a couple of times and Kevin Smith movies), I decided to follow them and slowly became a fan. Can't say I regret the decision as I've seen some great hockey from them this season. It's just such a shame the season ended the way it did. Although I am glad that I can go to sleep now at normal times rather than 4:30 in the morning...

Anyway, looking forward to posting here and learning more from you guys.

Welcome to our home. This is a great team and organization. it is especially cool to be kind of in the shadows of NYC and be so accomplished. That's life in NJ. It's the place between NYC and Philadelphia and has been that way since the American Revolution. We are always treated as second class citizens to the aforementioned sports towns when it comes to hockey so it is great that we have performed so much better than them over the last 14 years.

Have fun!