Senators vs. Bruins

KarlovyVary

I heard Raycroft is returning to the lineup. What's the chance that Boston will start him instead of Thomas?

Anyway, is this Tim Thomas guy any good? All I've heard are good reports, but will he stay with Boston.

It should be a good game, with Boston 2 points out of a playoff spot, and the Sens trying to catch Carolina.

:blink: that last bit sounds awkward.

Thomas has had a good run, but i predict in due time he will experience the "labarbera" fall off. He's a rather entertaining goaltender to watch. He has amazing flexibility, strong speed, and flops around a lot. Not much of a technical game, but he's kind of like hasek...but not really. his signature move is this fall into a split wishbone formation he loves doing.

he'll end up being the no.1 guy in providence in due time.

if rayzor can regain his confidence he'll be fighting with toivonen again for the no.1 spot. as of now he's no.3 rayzor has all the tools and potential to be the player he was as a rookie, if not better, but after getting shelled earlier he started playing scared and downright awful...but i think he can rebound.

The Labarbara fall off was a result of family issues, not his ability.

i'd beg to differ. watch labarbara play, he's similar in the fact that he was outstanding in the AHL playing a very entertaining athletic style. I likened it a lot to cujo, but you never saw any truely amazing reflexes or speed that woud allow him to play that consistently in the NHL.

Thomas played for Jokerit last year didn't he. Most guys, when given the opportunity play quite well.

I mean, the best goalie in the Russian Super League is Canadian goaltender Travis Scott.

Thomas is quite entertaining to watch. He plays a very ragged style, which puts more emphasis on his athleticism and position than getting into a proper stance. Seeing him for the first time, I noticed his presence on the ice. He seems to be a very assertive goalie who forces the shooter to move to him, rather than just reacting to a shot. I was impressed with his ability to recover after getting hit with a puck, and handling traffic in front of the net (though there certainly wasn't much of that).

I have no idea what happened to the Sens, defense was non-existant. But gotta give credit to the Bruins. They really rolled their lines well, barely made any mistakes and used their speed through the neutral zone to beat the Sens' defense.

Bergeron, wow...

Thomas has been playing too well and may even unseat Toivenen as the #1 guy in Boston.

Raycroft will probably stay in Providence unless traded.

toivonen has been injured for a while, that's why thomas got the chance in the first place. His ankle injury is really weird, last i checked there is still no timetable for return.