Scott Stevens

Pepperkorn

My daughter is a little piglet! She got in BIG trouble yesterday -- I made these really gross carmel chocolate revel bars to freeze for the holidays and I was too lazy to walk them down to our big freezer - so I had them in the fridge and while I was starting the fire in the woodstove I could hear Rebecca playing - running around -- all seemed well. Then she walked up in back of me... I guess she had to boast - she was coyly muching a bar. I had no idea wahe could open the fridge and open tuperware stuff all by herself. I said "Rebecca did you get that yourself" and she looked proud and said "Did you hear me?" I always hear her raiding the cookie jar <_< and I said nope. No big deal but when I went up stairs to see how she faired putting them back - she had done very well by the way - I opened the tupperware and saw she had chowed at least FOUR bars! She has no idea :( She thinks sweets are food - legitimate food... :evilcry: My husband was slightly horrified but then he said well now we see what you get when you mix your family with mine...

it's just a little scary thinking about how to control eating and self image and all that stuff. Halloween just really did a number on us. Rebecca thinks candy eating is her right now. I'm just not going to worry about it- we won't have junk inthe house and I dont know... I'll get more into cooking as opposed to baking now I guess.

and I'll have no trouble with Stevens's wood.. if I ever get near the forest that is :unsure: Zaftig is sexy :P

How old is she??

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She'll be 4 in a few months.

Little ones are strange -- they're babies but they can do so much. They understand a lot but they dont truly... it's a challange now to find that balance where you aren't stifling but you arne't giving them too much credit either -- how MUCH do you punish - what do they REALLY know, you know? I dotn think Rebecca knew she was being bad when she snuck food (and that's my fault). But I see she just doesn't understand about nutrition at ALL. and she doesn't want to know about it -- it makes ZERO sense to her and I'm haviong a hell of a time with it. My husband is a dictator (she's 3 she'll do what I say!) and I am the one who has to probe to figure out if she understands her boundries (that they protect her) and stuff... AHHHHHHHH!

HEY!!! :angry: We're off topic!!

So do you guys think Scott Stevens ate nothing but sweets when he was 3? I doubt it... little guys eat everything.

Three? I thought she'd be older...quite the mugshot pic you used there! :evil:

how cute is she? She was afraid of the male photographer (she doesn't like new grown men :noclue: )

She did her best but couldn't muster the smile. She told me she tried very hard but she still cried a little and then he had to go home. (Class picture).

I bet he like sea food too esp clams :giggle:

beardedclam.jpg

OK here is my thought for today... entertainers... performers, athletes -- they're all people who simply love and appreciate life. No matter how anti-social they may seem even -- they love life and want to share it and love what others have done be it write a great peice of music, or a play or invented a great game. I think they just yearn to share their love and appreciation of life and this planet and I guess people too.

I think Scientists and Doctors feel similarly but also want to help people - they see flaw and yearn to correct life - make it more ideal - be it through correcting perceived defects or illuminating mysteries that they perceive to be holding us back. But it's still a very similar place - a love of life.

I feel like everyone is an artist or a scientist at the end of the day :noclue:

OK here is my thought for today... entertainers... performers, athletes -- they're all people who simply love and appreciate life. No matter how anti-social they may seem even -- they love life and want to share it and love what others have done be it write a great peice of music, or a play or invented a great game. I think they just yearn to share their love and appreciation of life and this planet and I guess people too.

I think Scientists and Doctors feel similarly but also want to help people - they see flaw and yearn to correct life - make it more ideal - be it through correcting perceived defects or illuminating mysteries that they perceive to be holding us back. But it's still a very similar place - a love of life.

I feel like everyone is an artist or a scientist at the end of the day :noclue:

And what does this have to do with bearded clams??

Or the title of this thread for that matter??

Ok I gotta get back to work

:unsure: well, I'd probably rather be Scott Stevens right hand truth be told... :mellow:

... :unsure: I dont think I should have posted that...

I always knew Stevens fancied himself an artist of course... he went to the artsy fartsy high school and art was his favorite subject in school. Everyone is an artist sammy - even if they just make goofy little model planes... :unsure::evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

:unsure: well, I'd probably rather be Scott Stevens right hand truth be told... :mellow:

... :unsure: I dont think I should have posted that...

I always knew Stevens fancied himself an artist of course... he went to the artsy fartsy high school and art was his favorite subject in school. Everyone is an artist sammy - even if they just make goofy little model planes... :unsure::evil:

Oh but you did...you did post it! :o

Alas, I do not make goofy little model planes, they come all completed...although I have made models in the past.

Hey get this -- I made my first pie last night a mock cherry with a latice crust anyhow -- it was really good -- so I emailed my mother... and I wonder where I get it from! :giggle:

"I'm glad the pie came out well. My first pie did not work out too well. I threw the crust at the dining room wall and my neighbor complained about me. It was just one little thump, but I guess the walls were thin. (Town Lane) (Lesley was a baby.) "

Sammy --- you seriously BUY those little planes... :doh1: well... I'm sure you set up cute little hangers and stuff and make them fly and land and fake all kinds os situations like losing altitude and make the pilots freak out and then regain control and all that... you KNOW you do... :giggle: that's a performer!!