Can someone please explain this?

Devilstail

When people are talking about Marty being tired it has more to do with being "mentally tired" being that he plays so many games during the year. Also most of the games the Devils play are close games with little margin for error.

Personally I think the tired factor gets way more hype then it should. Some people seem to think that Marty was inconsistent during the playoffs last year for this reason. I think it had to do more with the fact that the Devils were outmatched by Ottawa and that Tampa gave the Devils defense severe problems because of their speed those first few games.

Should Marty play 78 games? Probably not, but this resting him for 20-25 games a season crap is just that, crap. He is the best player on the team, he needs to be in there as much as possible. I personally feel that 70-72 games is just right. I could be wrong but I just don't think the Devils would have had better results in last years playoffs had Marty played 70 games as opposed to 78. We still would have got smoked by Ottawa regardless

Edited by SickMan

i play a goalie in hockey and it can be tireing from going side to side and up and down. the stance can be pain full if you in it for a while. now as a professional athlete they should be conditioned better that i am so they should be able to do all that longer, but after a lot of games it would be tireing. and the metal factor is a big one to. being a goalie i feel like the fate of the game can be decided by my play, and i dont want to let my teammates down.

i can see where you comming from when you think that resting the goaltender might be bs. but i think he needs it once in a while