Direct TV Center Ice HD question

chrisg19

Well now that the Rock is open, was tonights game in HD on Direct TV. I got the HD feed on Cablevision, but I would like to dump them and go Direct TV only. The only reason I keep Cablevision is for Devils HD broadcasts.

So are the Devils home games in HD on the Satellite?

Thanks for the info.

Chris

As was already said, no Devs HD broadcasts have been on DirecTV as of yet. DirecTV has already lit up a bunch of other HD RSN's in their recent, ongoing HD rollout, and definitely intend on adding MSG-HD and FSNY-HD if they can ever work out an agreement with the Dolan's to carry them. ;) For what it's worth, MSG-HD's logo is on DirecTV's HD website if you pay attention and word is that it and FSNY-HD were supposed to have already been added about a month ago but haven't been, presumably due to an unfinalized carriage agreement.

My guess as to what we'll see in the end? The agreement if / when it finally goes through will involve DirecTV having to black it out in Cablevision areas so CV retains its 'exclusive' claim for those areas, meaning you'd still have to keep them to get the HD games. Personally I just wish they'd get it worked out already so I could get the Devs' HD feeds because CV obviously isn't an option where I live. :P

My guess as to what we'll see in the end? The agreement if / when it finally goes through will involve DirecTV having to black it out in Cablevision areas so CV retains its 'exclusive' claim for those areas, meaning you'd still have to keep them to get the HD games. Personally I just wish they'd get it worked out already so I could get the Devs' HD feeds because CV obviously isn't an option where I live. :P

What would be Dolan's motivation to let DTV have FSN HD and MSG HD? It's probably one thing that keeps a lot of area fans tied to Cablevision... granted now that everyone and their mother has their own sports channel it doesn't leave much left for CV to hold on to, but still I can't imagine DirecTV is going to wave enough money in front of them to give up those rights.

What would be Dolan's motivation to let DTV have FSN HD and MSG HD? It's probably one thing that keeps a lot of area fans tied to Cablevision... granted now that everyone and their mother has their own sports channel it doesn't leave much left for CV to hold on to, but still I can't imagine DirecTV is going to wave enough money in front of them to give up those rights.
Notice I said I think the agreement would involve CV keeping their exclusive rights in the NY area, meaning they wouldn't be losing anything. It'd only be for people like me outside the NY market that have no way of getting FSNY-HD and MSG-HD anyway. Better for the Dolan's to get some money from DirecTV for people that Cablevision can't service than none at all, no? ;) Edited by Googer

Notice I said I think the agreement would involve CV keeping their exclusive rights in the NY area, meaning they wouldn't be losing anything. It'd only be for people like me outside the NY market that have no way of getting FSNY-HD and MSG-HD anyway. Better for the Dolan's to get some money from DirecTV for people that Cablevision can't service than none at all, no? ;)

Well that's for them to decide of course, but between the Knicks, Devils, Islanders, and Rangers, there's actually pretty good demand for these channels by fans outside the NY area, and they obviously intend on carrying them based on the fact that MSG-HD and FSNY-HD have shown up in advertisements, etc., in channel listings that they carry. ;) Going by forum postings on other sites (such as DBSTalk.com), they're by far the most desired RSN's not yet carried by DirecTV, and a lot of those requests are from people outside the NY market. Make of that what you will. :)

• 4 weeks later...