Route 21 North

NHLDevils43

I didn't see any topics on this yet... but forgive me if I missed one.

Does anyone have any idea why they keep closing Route 21 north after games? I have to take 21 to 20 to get home... on Friday night I wound up getting diverted through East Newark, Lyndhurst, Arlington and eventually to 3 west. I went a good 20 miles out of the way and it took more than 3x the amount of time to get home.

I work in Newark and haven't seen the same situation on nights the concerts let out... I can't imagine why they would close the main hub out of the city right after the games. There is no roadwork that I know of and I doubt there have been road-closing accidents all 3 nights.

Anyone have any info?

I can't see why they would. All I know is that it was open for the opener. That would stink if they closed it...that's my main way home!

It was closed from a number of directions late in the night after opening night (around 1am) I'm not sure what it was like right after the game... we tried picking it up from Lafayette... that was closed. Then we went from Broad down to Center St (by NJPAC) and it was closed there too...we wound up getting half lost down a dark dead end street before somehow finding our way back to broad... then we wound up finally getting on to 21, but going the wrong direction... it took a while to find a legal u-turn.

It seems like if you try to get onto it from any where in the downtown area, you're outta luck.

It will be interesting to see if they have it open tonight. If it's closed I think we may pull over and try to find out why.

I guess it will be a lot of trial and error until we find a way that gets us home fastest. :noclue: