My Rant from the Hockey Hall of Fame Cermony

msweet

Ugh

Saturday night in Toronto when they introduced all the HoFers that were there and then they got to Stevens, it was just clapping (me, my sister and the guy next to us stood up and went crazy of course). But then it got to messier and the three of us were the only ones not on our feet. Why the hell did he get a standing ovation and everyone else just gets some claps. I hate that guy.

Thanks for posting his plaque/section thingy :unsure:

I do hate that picture... they make his jaw too square and just HAD to pick the stupidest haircut of his career -- looks like they cheated and made his eyes a little further apart than they are his ear looks good though - a little small but from here accurate anyhow :giggle:

I thought Ron Francis was all class. On the ice and off. He's a true pro and a hockey man's player.

I was just as impressed that he could put together complete sentences. I would think he'd see Scotty and just turtle, foaming at the mouth and asking for the room to stop spinning.

And as for Mark "I wore a Dress"ier, he should have guaranteed that the Rags would only win 1 Cup during his lifetime. If there's ever been 1 guy who's milked 1 accomplishment more in sports history, I'd like to see him. Guess what. Edmonton wins those Cups without him. He was a nice little piece of the puzzle, but he was no Gretzky or Coffey. People only remember the guarantees that come true, not the 9 of 10 made that don't. Pathetic. Go away Mark. Without "Step on My Toe" , nobody even puts leader and Messier in the same thought.

You put all these so called "leaders" in a room and tell them only 1 will make it out, you can bet your arse that Stevens would be coming out of a room full of bloody stumps and decaying carcasses.