New Jersey Devils' Rolston injures ankle after scoring winning goa

SC Devs Fan

New Jersey Devils' Rolston injures ankle after scoring winning goal in 1-0 victory over Atlanta

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2008/10...lston_inju.html

At this point the $20 million forward is considered day-to-day, but he will be reevaluated over the next few days after crashing into the end boards with 9:54 remaining in the game.

"Going in on the forecheck I lost an edge," Rolston said. "I went into the boards funny. I think maybe I have a high ankle sprain. At this point. My knee is fine."

As he headed for the team bus, Rolston was asked whether his ankle was X-rayed but the Devils' senior director of communications terminated the interview before Rolston could answer.

I think he is going to be out for at least a few weeks. Its the same injury that kept M.A. Fleury and Crosby out for month or so (or maybe longer) last year.

Yeah if it's a high ankle sprain--maybe it is just a regular old twisted ankle and he's back in a few days (says the optimist)