Green scores in eighth straight game to break NHL record

Devils731

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=290214020

Mike Green set an NHL record for defensemen by a scoring a goal in his eighth consecutive game and the Capitals beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 5-1 on Saturday night.

"It's incredible," said Green, who was covered with shaving cream applied by his teammates after the game. "I'm playing with some of the best players in the world."

Crazy, I think he has 10 goals in 8 games during this streak. He's top 25 in goals scored from defense.

Edited by Devils731

Great job, but that could be a huge concern when playoff time arrives. (Caps expect him to score but opposing team will make him a target.)

Don't glass half empty this. It is a great streak. I don't think the team will play any differently because of 10 goals from the blue line during a hot streak.

Do you think if the Devils hired someone to capture Green and replace him with Greene, the Caps would actually figure it out before he would hit the ice? I say we should at least give it a try.

Edited by Revan