Stub Hub

PaDevsFan

Sorry I know there were a few stub hub threads yesterday, but I have a quick question for any who have used their service. I bought 4 seats yesterday through stub hub for tonights game. They were 60 dollar seats for 25 a piece. The seller "emailed" them to me as paper tickets. I guess I am just a bit leary of that. I know you can check onto a plane now that way etc etc. But it seems like it would be so easy to copy the tickets and have them be fake. The guy I bought them from had 12 seats, and I got the last 4 so i am guessin someone else bought "paper tickets" as well. Has anybody here bought stub hub tickets and received them via paper versions?? And if so were there any problems at the gate??

P.S. I know Stub hub guarentees them but it is just that I am takin my kids and I guess I didnt want to be disapointed...

Sorry I know there were a few stub hub threads yesterday, but I have a quick question for any who have used their service. I bought 4 seats yesterday through stub hub for tonights game. They were 60 dollar seats for 25 a piece. The seller "emailed" them to me as paper tickets. I guess I am just a bit leary of that. I know you can check onto a plane now that way etc etc. But it seems like it would be so easy to copy the tickets and have them be fake. The guy I bought them from had 12 seats, and I got the last 4 so i am guessin someone else bought "paper tickets" as well. Has anybody here bought stub hub tickets and received them via paper versions?? And if so were there any problems at the gate??

P.S. I know Stub hub guarentees them but it is just that I am takin my kids and I guess I didnt want to be disapointed...

I did the same thing tonight. I've used e-mailed tickets from ticketmaster before and it went fine. Stubhub works with the NHL, so they should be able to deal with problems at the arena quickly. I'd say show up early in case something goes wrong, but don't worry too much.

You should be fine as StubHub doesn't allow multiple tickets to be sold for one event. Also, while the paper ticket is easily duplicated, thats the only way you're going to get them this late in the game. I've recieved paper tickets in the past and I've never had a problem.

My recommendation will be to get to the arena as early as possible...if the tickets don't check out or have been used already, you can call StubHub immediately and they'll do everything they can to get you replacements. Also, I believe you can call Ticketmaster and ask them to verify the ticket, but that wont help if there are multiple copies.

But to be perfectly honest, if the guy had 12 seats and you snagged the last four, he's probably not a cheater. All it takes is for you to cheat on StubHub once before they kick you off the service, so you can be pretty sure the guy is legit.

You should be fine as StubHub doesn't allow multiple tickets to be sold for one event. Also, while the paper ticket is easily duplicated, thats the only way you're going to get them this late in the game. I've recieved paper tickets in the past and I've never had a problem.

My recommendation will be to get to the arena as early as possible...if the tickets don't check out or have been used already, you can call StubHub immediately and they'll do everything they can to get you replacements. Also, I believe you can call Ticketmaster and ask them to verify the ticket, but that wont help if there are multiple copies.

But to be perfectly honest, if the guy had 12 seats and you snagged the last four, he's probably not a cheater. All it takes is for you to cheat on StubHub once before they kick you off the service, so you can be pretty sure the guy is legit.

Thanks, and thanks mouse for the info. I guess it is just the first time I used them and getting the tickets so cheap seems too good to be true, but hey these werent the only tickets that were cheap. I guess there is just a bunch left that people cant use.

Again thanks, and it should be a great time tonight!!

when the guy emails them it goes through an automated procees where seller enters the barcode #s and i think it voids the hard copy and validates the paper

Guys I really appreciate the info, you guys are making me feel much more comfortable about it.

Now next question... Is anybody going to the game tonight and coming from Rt 78 from West of Newark ???

I got a couple of different directions from Mapquest and Google and from the Prudential center website.

One says get off at Exit 56 toward Clinton Ave then turn on Broad and etc.

One says to get off at exit 57 merge onto 21 then go to Broad etc

The last talks about the GS parkway to Rt 280 to Rt 21

I think the exit 56 one comes in from the south, the exit 57 and the Parkway ones come in from the NOrth...

any idea which one may have the least traffic problems?? I mean I know there will be traffic, just curous if anybody comes from that way which may be the best?? I am allowing myself 3 12 hours for a ride that is just under 2 so I should be fine, I am just curious.