Skype Help

thestockholmpig

I'm relatively new here and only post on occasion. That's probably due to the fact that I'm not that great with computers and using the Internet. Anyway, I finally decided to download Skype since all my family (most of whom live on another continent) have it. I'm trying to download Skype 4.0 on Mozilla Firefox. Every time I open up the Download page on the Skype website and click download, the box in which you have an option to save the file or cancel comes up. The only difference I see between this and the graphic on the website is that in the "which is a:" section, my box says binary file as opposed to application. Even if I click Save File, it loads in the Downloads box on Mozilla Firefox and then just stops. I can't go on to the next step which requires me to open the Skype Setup application.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Are you entering "A:" somewhere? That could be your problem. Make sure you are pointing it to your Desktop, My Documents or somewhere you can find it. BTW, I don't see the "A:" thing on the website. Can you link to the page you are talking about?

I just tried it through Firefox myself and it downloaded fine. You are clicking on the green download button right?

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/downloading/

See how the first graphic ( Opening SkypeSetup.exe) says "which is a: Application"; mine says its a binary file. And, yes, I clicked the green button.

Oh, that. Mine says Application.

Technically everything is binary so it should be fine. As long as you have the SkypeSetup.exe saved it should be OK.