Obama administration meddles in private sector pay

Wah, life is hard! ... Wah! I actually have to work to survive in this world ... Wah! I make 35K a year but I choose to spend my extra money on 19 inch rims for my '96 Civic instead of saving up for an education... wah wah wah where is my bail-out!!...

College education should not be free for everyone, simply because something given has no value. Expensive schooling will not stop the truly motivated individuals, it will only stop the people that sit on their asses all day and complain that life isn't fair and have no ambition in life. Expensive schooling separates out the truly valuable individuals that will contribute to society from those that lead totally meaningless and pathetic existences. I have absolutely no pity for someone that has gotten in a bad situation cause of their life choices and mistakes, and I refuse to pay for their mistakes from my pocket.

Wah, life is hard! ... Wah! I actually have to work to survive in this world ... Wah! I make 35K a year but I choose to spend my extra money on 19 inch rims for my '96 Civic instead of saving up for an education... wah wah wah where is my bail-out!!...

Its not a "wah" post had you bothered to follow the thread, SC said people should"get" an education and thats all well and good if it's an viable option everyone and currently its not.

College education should not be free for everyone, simply because something given has no value. Expensive schooling will not stop the truly motivated individuals, it will only stop the people that sit on their asses all day and complain that life isn't fair and have no ambition in life. Expensive schooling separates out the truly valuable individuals that will contribute to society from those that lead totally meaningless and pathetic existences. I have absolutely no pity for someone that has gotten in a bad situation cause of their life choices and mistakes, and I refuse to pay for their mistakes from my pocket.

Something given has no value? Oh ok, I would like to see you tell people who are on scholarships that their education has no value since it was "given" to them.

And yup, all those damn 18 year olds and their terrible decisions to not have rich parents.

College probably shouldn't be free, but costs are out of control and it is not available to everyone at an affordable rate compared to median wages. Lower tuition or higher wages or some kind of combination of the two is needed to make "getting an education" a real option. So congrats sir since you "refuse" to pay for their education, you now get to pay for their welfare. Society is clearly better off this way :rolleyes:

Something given has no value? Oh ok, I would like to see you tell people who are on scholarships that their education has no value since it was "given" to them.

Scholarships are not given, they are earned you douche. I got a 60,000$ scholarship from one of the best art schools in the country because I worked hard to get good grades in school and I busted my ass on a great portfolio and I was awarded it on those merits.

P.S. I ended up rejecting it anyway...

Edited by TK

I agree that scholarships are not given, they are earned. Do those students value their education less then those who paid for it? Haven't a clue. I do like the idea of a poor, acamedically gifted student working hard and earning the chance to get a higher education.

My wife would disagree. She earned he scholarship offers to Notre Dame and Lasalle University.

Edited by Devilish34

Scholarships are not given, they are earned you douche. I got a 60,000$ scholarship from one of the best art schools in the country because I worked hard to get good grades in school and I busted my ass on a great portfolio and I was awarded it on those merits.

P.S. I ended up rejecting it anyway...

Aw did I strike a nerve? hit a little to close to home? shucks. Anyway as much as I would love to play devils advocate I agree some scholarships are earned, however I have no clue nor care about yours in particular.

My point wasn't to to suggest they weren't, rather that people are given handouts, you are just being fussy over who gets them.

My wife would disagree. She earned he scholarship offers to Notre Dame and Lasalle University.

lovely, give her my best. I never said she didn't earn in.

I agree that scholarships are not given, they are earned. Do those students value their education less then those who paid for it? Haven't a clue. I do like the idea of a poor, acamedically gifted student working hard and earning the chance to get a higher education.

What makes you think cheaper college would make increase the number of people who value their education less? well proportionally speaking.

Anyway as much as I would love to play devils advocate I agree some scholarships are earned, however I have no clue nor care about yours in particular.

Aw did I strike a nerve? hit a little to close to home? shucks.....

Edited by TK

Meanwhile:

School payout is an outrage:

"How could so much money be wasted? Consider this: In July, 2008, it was learned that the public school superintendent from Keansburg, a poor, so-called "Abbott" district with exactly one high school, would be retiring with a severance of over $740,000, as well as an annual pension of $120,000. The NJ Star-Ledger Editorial board called it an "outrage"."

Will the likes of the Teachers Union still suck more money out of our pockets while they could give a SH^T about th kids they teach?!

http://www.thecartelmovie.com/

Meanwhile:

School payout is an outrage:

"How could so much money be wasted? Consider this: In July, 2008, it was learned that the public school superintendent from Keansburg, a poor, so-called "Abbott" district with exactly one high school, would be retiring with a severance of over $740,000, as well as an annual pension of $120,000. The NJ Star-Ledger Editorial board called it an "outrage"."

Will the likes of the Teachers Union still suck more money out of our pockets while they could give a SH^T about th kids they teach?!

http://www.thecartelmovie.com/

Thats pretty crazy, you could hire a dozen teachers for that much.

Can we go retroactive on William's salary?

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/...1874165,00.html

"Last year the Pentagon paid the Raytheon Corp., its fifth largest contractor, a cool $10 billion for its missiles, missile shields and a constellation of electronics. This year President Barack Obama is putting Raytheon's recently departed top lobbyist in charge of the Pentagon's day-to-day management.

In Washington that almost qualifies as business as usual, except for a small detail: on the campaign trail, Obama vowed to stop the revolving door that lets onetime lobbyists go to work for the Federal Government and oversee contracts that could harm

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.