Okay I've Calmed Down

I have no idea what Devils team has been out on the ice for the last two games - but the Devils team we have been seeing is not the Devils team that plays typical "Devils hockey".

Game 7 if there is an upside to this loss this evening, will force the Devils to go back to playing the kind of "tight and right" hockey that makes thi steam so effective and so maddening to play against.

My biggest concern is the collective mindset of the team right now...I want to know if they are confident, or if they feel as though they have reached the end of the rope. Do they feel they can truly win in Ottawa on Friday.

After game one, sombody in here made an excellent point in regard to a message I left concerning what i felt was a brutal game one loss. Someone said that, "no team responds to a loss like the Devils". If that is true, then the Jersey boys have a chance to make that their signature by pulling it out of the fire on Friday night.

Burns and Lamoriello have much "head work" to do before the puck drops later this week. Stevens and Daneyko need impassioned pleas in that locker room.

Lastly, will someone please kidnap Gary Thorne on his way out of the building tonight? Ever since this schmuck started doing the games on ESPN the Devils have tumbled downward. Get Steve Levy back now!

Thoughts?

You don't want to hear my thoughts. I don't even think if Christ himself talked to these boys it would make any difference.

Game 6 was it. They had every reason to come out on fire and end it in front of the home crowd. I think they don't have an ounce of confidence in them anymore.

I do believe too in the hockey gods and whose time it is to win. It is Ottawa time. If it was Devils, they would have won tonight.