Ticket Deal 10/18/03 V. Tb

FriesenKris

I found this offer in my AAA newsletter. If you can't get a copy, I will scan this order form & post it on Friday. (Sorry, I won't be near a scanner until the weekend.) I didn't find any link on their website either to make it easier. You don't need to be a AAA member or anything to take advantage of this offer.

AAA North Jersey Members Save!

Saturday, October 18, 2003 at 7:30pm v. Tampa Bay Lightning

Special Ticket Price is $30 (Box office price is $52 - Second level)

Orders must be received by October 10, 2003. Tickets will be mailed to you. There are no refunds or exchanges on tickets purchased.

The ticket office makes these deals with certain large customers. Last year I guy I talk to got a pair of tickets from his bank on a twoferone deal. Same kind of offer. The bank or other organization buys a block of tix and sells them for whatever. It seems to me they could offer tix at discount prices the same way the TICKETS booths in NYC sell theatre tickets on the day of the performance. If the game is sold out, no tickets are available, if not you can get a deal.

Hey, it isn't like the Nets a couple of years ago when you got a t-shirt, happy meal and a ticket to a game for $15.

Even buy 3 get one free would agree with Lou's family values criteria.

They could, of course, get some other media exposure. How about a game day interview on WFAN with an assistant coach? We know Burns probably has other things on his mind.

I got tickets to about 10 games last year with a half price discount on the $52 seats. I guess this year the lowest they will go is $30. And maybe that is now the group rate. Be sure to check the back of your Verizon bill because they offered a few discounts last season. I'll post them when I see them.

• 3 weeks later...