Ken Daneyko GW Jersey for Sale

KC Devil

Yeah, it's ridiculous. That's not going to be enough to motivate people to buy.

What is MeiGray's commission anyway? I don't understand why he sent all of his Devils to them. He could've done better himself.

It's 20%. That's not too bad when you consider the eBay/paypal fees and time it would take for you to do it on your own. If i wanted to dump my collection, i'd do it that way as they handle it all from marketing to shipping and it would be only a 40 min ride for me to do so!

Why he went the route he did with the Devils compared to the other hundreds and hundreds of jerseys he hoarded out of greed, gluttony and excess is anyone's guess. Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if he did it out of spite because I, for one, have been outspoken of him and MeiGray about the pre-Summer Sale 2007 money grab transaction of these jerseys. You already know i'm cynical of this hobby and i know how thin skinned this hobby can get, so it's just a guess but i wouldn't rule it out.

I have not held back on my criticism of West on that forum or in private. Problem is with his situation, i'd be villified if i jumped on him now due to the amount of holier then thou/greater good nut jobs that come out of the woodwork.

Edited by SJP20

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35% is garbage. If this guy is so desperate for money, you would think they would have been priced more to sell.

Exactly. Now, if we all posted this on the forum, we'd all be villified and hung in the town square.

MeiGray is generous with their commission fee in this case, but they aren't that generous to waive the commission fee entirely, so 35% was probably as low as West could go. I think he could have done 40% and still be OK.

Again, Barry said "signifcant savings"....35% isn't significant. IMO, MeiGray is just hoping to rid themselves of West's stock taking up valuable space in their warehouse and the shock when they got it back when West found out he can't mark up jerseys that didn't sell for retail in the first place. I can only imagine their reaction when West consigned all that back to them lol.

Edited by SJP20

Exactly. Now, if we all posted this on the forum, we'd all be villified and hung in the town square.

MeiGray is generous with their commission fee in this case, but they aren't that generous to waive the commission fee entirely, so 35% was probably as low as West could go. I think he could have done 40% and still be OK.

Again, Barry said "signifcant savings"....35% isn't significant especially with his mark-up so it is 10-20% depending. IMO, MeiGray is just hoping to rid themselves of West's stock taking up valuable space in their warehouse and the shock when they got it back when West found out he can't mark up jerseys that didn't sell for retail in the first place. I can only imagine their reaction when West consigned all that back to them lol.

Very disappointing... I was half tempted to post that, but I think the silence of the post itself speaks for itself. 35% is not a big enough dent to make me get movin' on helping Bob. I personally hope he sits on them. Truly sorry to hear about his kid and I do hope whatever he needs he gets. However, no matter what I'm not getting excited over that. I see maybe six shirts I woudn't mind owning (with only two of them being in my price range). As a good friend of mine said in conversation to me tonight, "If the guy needed money THAT BAD, post them at 50% and get the money."

MeiGray continues to disappoint me. Bob West has long surpassed the disappointment stage.

Very disappointing... I was half tempted to post that, but I think the silence of the post itself speaks for itself. 35% is not a big enough dent to make me get movin' on helping Bob. I personally hope he sits on them. Truly sorry to hear about his kid and I do hope whatever he needs he gets. However, no matter what I'm not getting excited over that. I see maybe six shirts I woudn't mind owning (with only two of them being in my price range). As a good friend of mine said in conversation to me tonight, "If the guy needed money THAT BAD, post them at 50% and get the money."

MeiGray continues to disappoint me. Bob West has long surpassed the disappointment stage.

The biggest question I see is, WHY DID THEY ALLOW BOB WEST TO CONSIGN THEM BACK TO MEIGRAY?

Yeah, I have a feeling VERY few jerseys will sell. Maybe he'll increase the discount upon seeing that.

Then that wouldn't be significant savings, it would be market price ;)

Priceless.

I'll switch gears and ask the next two burning questions with a Lightning Round third question for 20 extra bonus points.

Question 1: When do you think they will be taking requests for pre-orders on Devils Game Worn items?

A. Before Christmas

B. Before Obama is sworn in.

C. Before St. Patrick's Day

D. The day before the summer sale offering significants savings!!!

Question 2: When do you think the annual Population report will be posted for all of us to see from 2007-2008?

A. Before Christmas

B. Before the Season ends

C. Just before the summer sale offering significant savings and market value on Bobby West's stuff?

D. Before the 2009-2010 season starts.

Lightning Round Question: What will be the next GOOD sale by MeiGray?

Lock in your choices now!

Priceless.

I'll switch gears and ask the next two burning questions with a Lightning Round third question for 20 extra bonus points.

Question 1: When do you think they will be taking requests for pre-orders on Devils Game Worn items?

A. Before Christmas

B. Before Obama is sworn in.

C. Before St. Patrick's Day

D. The day before the summer sale offering significants savings!!!

Question 2: When do you think the annual Population report will be posted for all of us to see from 2007-2008?

A. Before Christmas

B. Before the Season ends

C. Just before the summer sale offering significant savings and market value on Bobby West's stuff?

D. Before the 2009-2010 season starts.

Lightning Round Question: What will be the next GOOD sale by MeiGray?

Lock in your choices now!

I think we should pay off the league to let the Devils play on the next black Friday, that's our only shot at a good deal. I'm also still waiting on the Devs pre order. It looks like meigray has taken on a lot of new ventures, which means that everything gets slowed up.

It's definitely possible. Start selling and saving. There's three on the MeiGray site. Pick one up for $3750 in the Summer Sale (assuming we EVER get a shot at 50% off again!)

Does anyone think there is there any possibility that I can work out a trade for a Brodeur gamer with the jerseys that I have? Eventually I will own one (hopefully) but I don't see myself spending over $4000 to get it.

What do you think? Is it possible?

07-08 Jay Pandolfo White

06-07 Jay Pandolfo Red 25th patch

05-06 Jay Pandolfo White JM Patch signed

05-06 Colin White White "A" JM Patch

03-04 Sergei Brylin White Pre-season signed

02-03 Sergei Brylin White Hammered

06-07 Sergei Brylin Red 25th patch

06-07 Patrik Elias White 25th patch and "C"

06-07 Jamie Langenbrunner Red 25th patch and "A"

06-07 John Madden White 25th patch and "A"

05-06 Paul Martin White JM Patch

06-07 Cam Janssen White 25th patch GI.

Does anyone think there is there any possibility that I can work out a trade for a Brodeur gamer with the jerseys that I have? Eventually I will own one (hopefully) but I don't see myself spending over $4000 to get it.

What do you think? Is it possible?

07-08 Jay Pandolfo White

06-07 Jay Pandolfo Red 25th patch

05-06 Jay Pandolfo White JM Patch signed

05-06 Colin White White "A" JM Patch

03-04 Sergei Brylin White Pre-season signed

02-03 Sergei Brylin White Hammered

06-07 Sergei Brylin Red 25th patch

06-07 Patrik Elias White 25th patch and "C"

06-07 Jamie Langenbrunner Red 25th patch and "A"

06-07 John Madden White 25th patch and "A"

05-06 Paul Martin White JM Patch

06-07 Cam Janssen White 25th patch GI.

Sadly, I highly doubt it in terms of trading... While the seller would probably get the same in terms of dollar value, the "implied value" would not be there for him or her. To put it another way, I'll trade you the Patrik Elias 25th with "C" you have for it's value in practice jersies. Yes we would both get the same dollar value, but I would end up with the better deal. Most collectors want a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio in a trade. Occasionally, they'll take three sweaters for one, but I haven't seen it. You have some nice stuff and I would like one or two of them in my collection. What set and colour is the Lags and Elias BTW?

I was thinking more of what I can trade from my collection to someone who owns a Marty gamer.

Jordan touched on it above. You would be better off selling them individually and raising the money then trading them as a lot for a Brodeur. That way, you're getting more value for each instead of a lotting them up and taking a potential loss on each as a whole. Also, anyone who would trade would not take on a preseason or GI in value for a Brodeur, but you'd be able to sell them each on the open market.

Definetly sell them individually and wait for the summer sale.

50% off sale at MeiGray for one sweater??? Hmm... I don't know if I'll ever see it in my lifetime. Last time there was a BIG sale or as unknown poster says "Market Value" on gamers, I know MeiGray pulled the Brodeurs because they thought his stuff should not be in the sale. This fact is documented on gameworn.net, but I do not have the time to find it. I suspect it is in the General Game Worn section. I know Barry even posted on the subject. FYI.

Sadly, I highly doubt it in terms of trading... While the seller would probably get the same in terms of dollar value, the "implied value" would not be there for him or her. To put it another way, I'll trade you the Patrik Elias 25th with "C" you have for it's value in practice jersies. Yes we would both get the same dollar value, but I would end up with the better deal. Most collectors want a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio in a trade. Occasionally, they'll take three sweaters for one, but I haven't seen it. You have some nice stuff and I would like one or two of them in my collection. What set and colour is the Lags and Elias BTW?

The Elias is white set 1

The Lags is red set 3/playoffs

Jordan touched on it above. You would be better off selling them individually and raising the money then trading them as a lot for a Brodeur. That way, you're getting more value for each instead of a lotting them up and taking a potential loss on each as a whole. Also, anyone who would trade would not take on a preseason or GI in value for a Brodeur, but you'd be able to sell them each on the open market.

Definetly sell them individually and wait for the summer sale.

I'm not looking to do it any time soon, I was just thinking if I would ever able to obtain one.

I was thinking more of what I can trade from my collection to someone who owns a Marty gamer.

That might be tough, for two reasons.

First, someone who has a Marty gamer probably has a lot of spare cash to throw around, so chances are they can afford almost any jersey they want, and would already own any jerseys they had interest in.

Second, you have a lot of jerseys from the same player, so anyone who you find to trade with might not want multiples of a particular player.

50% off sale at MeiGray for one sweater??? Hmm... I don't know if I'll ever see it in my lifetime. Last time there was a BIG sale or as unknown poster says "Market Value" on gamers, I know MeiGray pulled the Brodeurs because they thought his stuff should not be in the sale. This fact is documented on gameworn.net, but I do not have the time to find it. I suspect it is in the General Game Worn section. I know Barry even posted on the subject. FYI.

If you do ever find that thread, I'd love to see it. I didn't know about this.

If you do ever find that thread, I'd love to see it. I didn't know about this.

I didn't find that one, but take a GOOD look at the one entitled "Stu Oxenhorn??". I see I wasn't the only one who had to wait and wait for MeiGray and may have still been waiting if I was not so insistant and as Barry said "High Maitenance".

Back to the Bob West for another second... I spoke to another collector who was probably as disappointed as we were and the exact words I heard from their mouth was, "How dare he (Bob West) tug on our heart strings after showing his son in the hospital and saying he needs money badly... Badly? If I needed money THAT BAD, stuff would be priced to move as my family definitely comes first over making a profit or even breaking even..."

Enough said.

I didn't find that one, but take a GOOD look at the one entitled "Stu Oxenhorn??". I see I wasn't the only one who had to wait and wait for MeiGray and may have still been waiting if I was not so insistant and as Barry said "High Maitenance".

Back to the Bob West for another second... I spoke to another collector who was probably as disappointed as we were and the exact words I heard from their mouth was, "How dare he (Bob West) tug on our heart strings after showing his son in the hospital and saying he needs money badly... Badly? If I needed money THAT BAD, stuff would be priced to move as my family definitely comes first over making a profit or even breaking even..."

Enough said.

I'm contacting Barry. I'll write my results soon.

The population report is out.

I still have no idea which games my jersey was worn in. Pandolfo wore 2 set 1's and they don't give the break down of which games he wore them in.

I think its BS that they are letting players wear more than one jersey per set.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.