Trenton Transactions 11/10/08 - Wow...Busy day

TrentonPwnedFlorida

Very glad to have Trevor back, Harrison is just dead weight honestly to an anemic offense. If and when Cormier gets healthy I can't see how Harrison sticks with the team. He's willing to fight anybody that's for sure but most of his fights are pretty uneventful, he doesn't hurt people like PLL and Cormier do. The question is whether or not Cormier can ever stay healthy at this point so far it doesn't look like it basedon the last 2 years.

More Trenton transactions today:

The best news - Gerbe got shown the door.

Trenton: Add Matt Cohen, D activated off IR

Add Thomas Harrison, F returned from Lowell (AHL)

Add Trevor Kell, F assigned by Lowell (AHL)

Delete Brett Pilkington, F placed on the 7-day IR, 11/23

Delete Jason Smith, G placed on the 3-day IR

Bad news is Pilkington is the closest thing we have to a play maker.

Now we know why Pilkington didnt play against Johnstown

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah....

I liked Burnett =[

Delete Gord Burnett, D traded to Phoenix

Guess we had to give something up this time....considering Coleman IS leading the ECHL among goalies. But I DID like Burnett

Oh and....

Delete Gerald Coleman, G placed on the 3-day IR *cries* not bad I guess

Add Jason Smith, G activated off IR *cries* Very Bad...He better not see one game....But so nice he just happens to be better now

Add Chris Dyment, D activated off IR Yay

Terrible call on Burnett imo as well. He was the only guy back there that isn't charmin soft (Cohen isn't horrible) but Paige, Qualie, Leaderer and Gunderson might as well wear skirts.

Guess he was too physical for Kowalsky's liking - after all the Charmin approach has worked wonders since he got the job.

Nice to see Chris back.

Hopefully Red Light tears a groin lacing them up, nobody wants to see him step foot on the ice ever again. Maybe he'll give up a bakers dozen tonight if he plays. Nothing personal he a great kid...blah blah blah.

Edited by titans04

Terrible call on Burnett imo as well. He was the only guy back there that isn't charmin soft (Cohen isn't horrible) but Paige, Qualie, Leaderer and Gunderson might as well wear skirts.

Guess he was too physical for Kowalsky's liking - after all the Charmin approach has worked wonders since he got the job.

I dont know if Kowalsky had a choice....Its probably payment for Coleman....And it may of been who they wanted...

We needed a #1 goalie...we got it....And we had to give up a good player for it. Did you think they would take nothing for the league leading goalie?

There was no room at the inn for Coleman there so they were going to move him whether it made sense or not. Yes league leading goalie at the time who only played 3 games. In the end is it still a great trade for us of course, am I thrilled to still be stuck with the guys I mentioned above no. Part of our problem for years is there hasn't been anybody here that can carry Munn's jock - and it shows.

Edited by titans04

There was no room at the inn for Coleman there so they were going to move him whether it made sense or not. Yes league leading goalie at the time who only played 3 games.

Actually, he had 4 games with phoenix :P

Besides, I dont really have complaints with the defense...Its the offense that needs to stop making mistakes and needs to start scoring!

Edited by TrentonPwnedFlorida

Actually, he had 4 games with phoenix :P

Besides, I dont really have complaints with the defense...Its the offense that needs to stop making mistakes and needs to start scoring!

11/30/2008 Eric Castonguay (RW) Trenton ADD Returned on loan from Lowell Devils (AHL)

11/30/2008 Mark O'Leary (LW) Trenton DEL Traded to Augusta Lynx

I kinda liked O'Leary...I wonder if we got anyone in return....I tend to think its for future consideration...

Sucks for him too...considering all the talk that Augusta wont last much longer..Hey maybe that means we can get him back for free when Augusta folds

11/30/2008 Eric Castonguay (RW) Trenton ADD Returned on loan from Lowell Devils (AHL)

11/30/2008 Mark O'Leary (LW) Trenton DEL Traded to Augusta Lynx

I kinda liked O'Leary...I wonder if we got anyone in return....I tend to think its for future consideration...

Sucks for him too...considering all the talk that Augusta wont last much longer..Hey maybe that means we can get him back for free when Augusta folds

Bad luck here again, Poli left 30 seconds into the game today with what appears to be a severe hand/wrist injury. I would bet he's out again for a very extended period of time.

In all seriousness Kevin had a hard time staying on his feet skating straight ahead this weekend, he's got lots of work to do before he's ready to play at the next level. With Poli going back down with a long term injury he will get a lot of ice time taking a regular shift here. He must have fell 10 times yesterday trying to turn, stop etc, it was a eye opening experience for those of us waiting to see him. Very very raw.

2nd the vote for taking Harrison.

Edited by titans04

In all seriousness Kevin had a hard time staying on his feet skating straight ahead this weekend, he's got lots of work to do before he's ready to play at the next level. With Poli going back down with a long term injury he will get a lot of ice time taking a regular shift here. He must have fell 10 times yesterday trying to turn, stop etc, it was a eye opening experience for those of us waiting to see him. Very very raw.

2nd the vote for taking Harrison.

Heres 3 for Harrison. Your right about Cormier. He may be able to fight but skating is not his strong point. Also have to say he doesnt always seem to be hustling as he should. Its nice he is always the last off the ice but he doesnt seem to come to the bench breathing hard and sweating like everyone else. The one thing Harrison does is hustle and try hard, unfortunately he just isnt very talented.

Trenton:

Add Brett Pilkington, F activated off IR, 12/2

Delete Gerald Coleman, G transferred to the 7-day IR

Delete Brett Pilkington, F traded to Bakersfield, 12/2

Delete Chris Poli, F transferred to the 30-day IR

flat out terrible move trading Pilkington - the closet thing we had to a true playmaker. The stupidity seems to never end especially knowing their losing Poli for 5-6 weeks at best.

Also looks like the Coleman injury maybe more serious than they initially thought.

Things are looking pretty dim again right about now - still. Thankfully Radoslovich and Bartlett are healthy as can be, can't wait to see them re-emerge from the brink. :koolaid:

Even if Zancanro is ready to return he's not the player Pilkington is.

Trenton:

Add Brett Pilkington, F activated off IR, 12/2

Delete Gerald Coleman, G transferred to the 7-day IR

Delete Brett Pilkington, F traded to Bakersfield, 12/2

Delete Chris Poli, F transferred to the 30-day IR

flat out terrible move trading Pilkington - the closet thing we had to a true playmaker. The stupidity seems to never end especially knowing their losing Poli for 5-6 weeks at best.

Also looks like the Coleman injury maybe more serious than they initially thought.

Things are looking pretty dim again right about now - still. Thankfully Radoslovich and Bartlett are healthy as can be, can't wait to see them re-emerge from the brink. :koolaid:

Even if Zancanro is ready to return he's not the player Pilkington is.

Im officially anti Kowalsky....

This makes ZERO sense.....

• 2 weeks later...

Add Thomas Harrison, F returned from Lowell (AHL) - Lowell...TAKE HIM BACK

Delete Gerald Coleman, G transferred to the 30-day IR - GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG....

I thought Coleman was supposed to be close to returning?!

Wait wait...Titans04...With eves having to be on the 7 day IR, could Coleman being placed on the 30 day be retroactive ?...I hope