Eli Manning injured

overtime98

Looks like it will be Carr vs. Johnson when the cowboys and Giants meet .lol

New York Giants' QB Manning has a chest injury; severity unknown

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Tuesday October 14, 2008, 3:13 PM

QB Eli Manning, who didn't miss a play last night but was caught by cameras being worked on by the training staff, hurt his chest when he was slammed to the ground by Browns DT Shaun Rogers on a third-and-6 completion to Plaxico Burress with 10:16 left in the second quarter.

Rogers, who's listed at 350 pounds but might weigh even more, spun away from G Rich Seubert, hit Manning and then drove him into the ground, with all of his weight falling on Manning. It was arguably a roughing-the-passer call that was missed by the officials.

"He got hit and when he was driven into the ground ... his chest was bothering him after the game," coach Tom Coughlin said on a conference call minutes ago. "He was in some pain there. But I don't have any information other than that today. He was in the training room and we'll see."

of course cowboy fans will be happy (and never admit it)

For some that were laughing and happy that Romo was injured and out with his broken pinky. From news today in Dallas in the press conferences is that Romo wants to play in 3 weeks and may very well play. I also have a feeling Manning will be back in 3 weeks too. It's a shame that both QB's are out with injuries. It sucks but that is part of the game. It will be interesting to see how the back ups do for each team. Kerry Collins doing very well for the undefeated Titans filling in for Vince Young is getting the job done. Both teams are good enough to get through these tough times.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

For some that were laughing and happy that Romo was injured and out with his broken pinky. From news today in Dallas in the press conferences is that Romo wants to play in 3 weeks and may very well play. I also have a feeling Manning will be back in 3 weeks too. It's a shame that both QB's are out with injuries. It sucks but that is part of the game. It will be interesting to see how the back ups do for each team. Kerry Collins doing very well for the undefeated Titans filling in for Vince Young is getting the job done. Both teams are good enough to get through these tough times.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

I never once "laughed" at Romo getting injured. I only laughed at pacman getting suspended.... and besides Eli's injury is more serious than romo's... Broken pinkie and chest injury 2 very different injurys! besides nothing has been decided if Manning will miss time.... and since most cowboy fans think Eli sucks and is not a SB QB, it shouldnt matter to them whether he plays or not...

Edited by overtime98

of course cowboy fans will be happy (and never admit it)

I guess while y'all were high fiving each other this one slipped through :P

Wow what a mess this NFL season is eh

who knew McNabb could be the healthiest QB in the NFC East??? :lol:

Good to see rogers will be fined by the NFL.... and Eli is NOT injured and will play at 100 percent.

"Nothing major," Manning said in his weekly interview with 1050-AM ESPN Radio. "Nothing that's going to keep me out this week. We have practice (Wednesday), so I'll be at practice going at full speed. Just some soreness. That's the major issue."

Manning said that soreness is in the "shoulder/chest area" on the left side of his body.

"Nothing broken, no sprains, nothing with the (throwing) shoulder," Manning said. "I have good movement, I have my strength. It's really just a little banged up. ... It's nothing that should cause anything to my throwing motion at all and shouldn't affect anything."

On a third-and-6 with 10:16 to play in the second quarter, Rogers spun away from guard Rich Seubert, hit Manning after he delivered a 25-yard completion to Plaxico Burress and then fell on top of him. Rogers might not have gotten there late, but he did drive Manning into the ground, which probably should have resulted in a roughing-the-passer penalty. Rogers might be fined by the league later this week.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/10...ing_downpl.html