Martin brodeur game used signed stick

davemooch

i got a lot of nhl game used sticks from a former ahl adorondik red wings stick boy he worked for the between 1990- 1994. in the lot was a martin broduer game used stick from his days with the utica devils. i personally got it signed last night. i do have photo referance to him using the stick. please email me at davemooch@gmail.com about the stick. looking for $1,000 for the stick.

post-4047-0-90104200-1299251390_thumb.jp

post-4047-0-84115300-1299251407_thumb.jp

post-4047-0-96677100-1299251417_thumb.jp

post-4047-0-21220800-1299251429_thumb.jp

I've had discussions about this sort of thing with other collectors regarding player autographs on items with "correct" signatures. I feel it's all personal preference. Example: When Kevin Weekes was here, he signed all his NYR sticks for me and automatically put #80 which i thought was nice b/c he could have easily put #1. I have items where Derek Jeter's signature was different as a minor leaguer and very young Yankee then today. I wouldn't take a game used item of his from a time period where his auto was different and have him sign it today with his current and known version.

To be fair, it probably never crossed Brodeur's mind for a few reasons. 1) he was in a crowd and signing autos with people talking to him, asking questions and all sorts of distractions and 2) Brodeur used black SherWood sticks as a Devil (with the NHL foil wrap sticker around the bottom shaft) and he probably didn't know if the stick was from Utica or NJ (if it even crossed his mind) regarding number.

IMO, i think he would have put the "30" no matter the venue unless he was told prior to put "1" or nothing at all.

Edited by SJP20

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.