6 replies to this topic

#1 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:43 PM

Boy, I hope they make me eat my words.... but I just don't see Turner with these 2 guys. Nothing about him tells me he should be on our first line. I love the guy, but top line? Is there not a better option somewhere in this organization???
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#2 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:51 PM

Now that didn't take long.

(Whistles as he walks away)
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#3 Mighty Grendel

Mighty Grendel

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:54 PM

I think Turner has done pretty well on that line in Gionta's absence, but I still think It'll be Kozlov at RW on that line when we get to the playoffs with Gio droping to the second line.
Beowulf Sucks
(Reports of my slaying have been greatly exaggerated)

Keeper of the penalty shot Master Viktor Kozlov and Randy McKay's Playoff moustache
http://images.google...UK_USA_flag.gif

#4 Ace523

Ace523

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:55 PM

I can see kozlov fitting in real well on that line....but I don't see that happening if gionta comes back and that line still stays hot. Everyone does say Kozlov is much better at wing that at center. Also, I hope friesen and kozlov can have some good chemistry.

#5 Guest_Devsrule_*

Guest_Devsrule_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:47 PM

Well Turner does have more goals than Gomez.

#6 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:07 AM

You want some fries with those words?
Maybe we can Super-Size?

But seriously, it's cool when someone can show you something the same day you ask for it.

When I was reading your question and thinking of what I wanted to say back, I got this visual of a parent trying to attract a kid by waving something big, flashy and colorful at them. And that's kind of the way that Turner can help Gomez and Elias. He kind of draws the eye away, and whoops, you're left with a pretty lethal pair.

I too think it ultimately could be Elias, Gomez and one of the new guys for the playoff run. But Turner's worked pretty well with them as well, so no complaints there. And Friesen with the two guys could work took. No complaints about Gionta or Marsh either from me. Or Jamie. Ahhh, options. We can try a lot before we throw in the towel.
Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#7 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:24 AM

And I loved that Turner gave up that empty netter to Elias! What a guy! :rolleyes:
Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users