Who the hell are these horrible announcers?

djstubbs

I'm just tuning in now... they don't seem that terrible. We'll see as the game goes on.

They're head and shoulders above the Philadelphia Comcast announcers and the Fox Sports Pitt ones, too.

I haven't heard those...

But I had to change the channel from those announcers, their voices are so annoying!

Funny you should mention horrible announcers...I was just thinking of posting the same thing, about the Nashville announcers. Doc and Chico are really somthing else. Since Ive gotten Center Ice I can really see a difference in broadcasting. Before, all I had to listen to were ESPN analysts. My wife is a Blues fan, so I watched the entire of the Blues/Preds game. Not only were the announcers so unbelievably biased against the Blues, they really showed a great lack of hockey knowledge. Either that or they didnt bother to mention that they actually knew what they were talkibng about. It was funny at one point, a Blues player took a hard stick to the face, and all they could talk about was how he embelished the fall. Osgood made a great save, and it wasnt Osgood's save, it was the fact that the Preds player shot it at his chest.

I am beginning to think that Doc and Chico have just spoiled me. If they make a statement about anything that happened on the ice, they will back it up with some stat/rule/fact that they know of. Others Ive watched seem to just say something, then move on to the next play without any more info on what theyve said.

:noclue:

GO DOC!! GO CHICO!!

GO DEVS!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Heh, Doc's voice is really annoying until you get used to it. And even then, sometimes it can get to you.

Well, he's better than anyone else out there...

He won the Lester Patrick award for it too.

Do you think there is anyone better? :noclue:

Is there?

I mean I haven't heard all of the announcers, but the ones I have heard, I seriously hate.

Like the Islanders announcers. :rofl:

Doc might have one of the most annoying voices for an announcer but he is very smart and says all the right information and stuff.

What's funny is talking to him and Chico at the games...

And then realizing I'm taller than them...

Doc is so funny with his suits that are a few sizes too big for him, and then Chico and his Men's Warehouse green suit...

Someone should get him a new suit...

Gotta love them though, they are the best, and they're really nice!

Doc is an acquired taste...

<-- but he's the worst of them as far as acquired tastes go, many hate him, many adore him!

stubbs, do you have Center Ice? You'd be amazed at some of the other announcers, if you don't...

Doc is an acquired taste...

<-- but he's the worst of them as far as acquired tastes go, many hate him, many adore him!

stubbs, do you have Center Ice? You'd be amazed at some of the other announcers, if you don't...

You would think I would but I don't...

I have iO Gold, and get every other channel available on digital cable...

But we found out about Center Ice half way through the season, and my mom didn't really care, so we didn't get it.

I'll have it next year though! B )

But we found out about Center Ice half way through the season, and my mom didn't really care, so we didn't get it.

I'll have it next year though! B )

Not to be a jerk about it, but how do you know Doc is the best, then?

I'll have it next year though!  B )

Not to be a jerk about it, but how do you know Doc is the best, then?

He's the best *i've heard*.

I'll have it next year though!