SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY

Lemieux22MVP

its amazing how quickly we turn on beloved devils, the team that has brought 3 championships to new jersey, constantly the underdog (who in this case everyone wants to loose) they are without their leader and warrior and it is showing in this series, think of how many professional teams have gone decades without ever winning a championship, the devils loose 2 games and its time to bash the devils. marty has been subpar this series, but he has gave us 10 incredible seasons where he backboned this team. the team we have in the playoffs is very flawed, some costly decisions from the front office, but lou has done everything right before that. fair weather may be the word for some of these posts, you cant expect to win them all. the whole hockey world loves to see the devils loose, maybe we should stop bickering amongst ourselves and show support to our team who had givin us the most prized trophy in all of sports 3 times in less than a decade. i know the devils havent played up to their expectations but give marty a break, he just may be the greatest goalie ever to play the game and we're bashing him for two subpar games...maybe we just need to give him a little support.

mar-tin mar-tin

LETS GO DEVILS

I agree with most of what you said - as far as the fair weatheredness, it's wrong to slam someone like Brodeur, saying he sucks, even if he did suck TONIGHT, he's still the core reason why we've had success for the past 10 years. But I think the bigger picture here is that the writing is on the wall, and has been on the wall for quite some time - this isn't our year. A short summer (because of our CUP win :D ), no Stevens, no Lou trying to make up for lack of Stevens, Flyers have been kicking our butts since January, and they're playing THEIR game really well right now.

Ugh I hate losing to the crap that is Philadelphia, but it's over.

Unless Stevens comes back.

Maybe.

Good luck to all of you who still believe, but the outcome is painfully obvious...

Edited by minime

If you get upset, just pop in Heaven, second heaven, or the 2003 DVD. And remember that vcr's weren't even invented when the Flyers last won the cup. At least I don't think they were. I can't remember because I wasn't born yet. :P

The Devils can't win every year. We are so spoiled. Look at poor Derek. His team has missed the playoffs 7 years in a row. The devils haven't missed the playoffs 7 years in a row in a loooooong time. Losing to the Flyers sucks ass. But I'm not gonna cry if they lose this year (like i did in 1994 and 2001).

GO DEVILS

I love this team and my homage and loyalty go way beyond what they have accomplished on the ice. They are THE HOME TEAM. Our team, a team of our own. The New Jersey Devils. They represent all that is good and wonderful about our state. Hell their name comes from our treasured folklore. We are, like the Devils, a sum of our parts. It isn't a city that makes us great, it is all the towns and boroughs that make us who we are. That is our claim to fame. Just like the team. Our team! Usually everyone loves the underdog, unless that dog is from NJ. I don't undestand it and I can't begin to explain it. But the Devils make me proud and a defeat to the Flyers will never change it, it may undermind it, however briefly, because my enemies will gloat and make their snide comments. But I will root the Devils on year after year.

Sometimes it's tough being from Jersey. It's tough to be a Devil's fan. No one is ever on your side. No one roots for the boys from the Swamp. Perhaps when they succeed it exemplifies their shortcomings. Because despite all the jokes, bad raps and out and out dissing, this is one of the greatest states in the country and is the home of one of the greatest hockey teams of the last decade and I expect them to be on top again.

It's late, I'm rambling. But it's easy to be a Rag fan, they're older than dirt and are from NY. It's easy to be a Flyer fan, they're not that new either and from Philly. But to root for the team from NJ takes a special kind of fan. A fan that knows what rooting for a team is all about. We are building a legacy here folks. Something to pass on to your grandkids. :evil:

LETS GO DEVILS! :clap::angry::angry:

If you get upset, just pop in Heaven, second heaven, or the 2003 DVD. And remember that vcr's weren't even invented when the Flyers last won the cup. At least I don't think they were. I can't remember because I wasn't born yet.  :P

The Devils can't win every year. We are so spoiled. Look at poor Derek. His team has missed the playoffs 7 years in a row. The devils haven't missed the playoffs 7 years in a row in a loooooong time.  Losing to the Flyers sucks ass. But I'm not gonna cry if they lose this year (like i did in 1994 and 2001).

GO DEVILS

Did you have to say that :P . Well, it's a lot worse being a Ranger fan. There seems to be no end in sight to the misery. And even the CBA is against us.