Esche = Boucher??

Guest Devsrule

Guest Devsrule

I completely forgot about this. In 2000 Brian Boucher (rookie) stoned the devils for three straight games, then the inexperience caused him to choke. Think the same thing will happen to Esche. I know he is technically not a rookie but he is still young and inexperienced.

I'm not saying anything, I'm saying that Weekes stoned us in the first round as Esche is right now. I don't think Weekes is a bad goalie at all (I defended him when everyone else ripped him and called him awful and a fluke), but we definitely made him look a lot better than he really was. This is what we're doing to Esche right now.

Dump shots on net. This is a rookie goalie who can be rattled. He's had his share of 60-70 footers this season.

Down 0-2 in a series against the Vancouver Canucks in 2002, the Detroit Red Wings were tied 1-1 in the dying seconds of the 2nd period of game 3, when a harmless looking shot fired by Nick Lidstrom from the red line found the back of the net and the Canucks never recovered.

Come on Devils, you can do it!

Dump shots on net. This is a rookie goalie who can be rattled. He's had his share of 60-70 footers this season.

Down 0-2 in a series against the Vancouver Canucks in 2002, the Detroit Red Wings were tied 1-1 in the dying seconds of the 2nd period of game 3, when a harmless looking shot fired by Nick Lidstrom from the red line found the back of the net and the Canucks never recovered.

Come on Devils, you can do it!

LETS NOT FORGET HIS FAIR SHARE OF 120 FOOTERS :argh::argh:

You can't compare Esche to Boucher--Boucher is a legitimate headcase and still is to this day. Witness his record shutout streak this year surrounded by subpar play at other times.

Esche has his ups and downs, but is better than most goalies. He's been consistently good this year and he is pretty stable for a goalie.

He's been consistently good this year and he is pretty stable for a goalie.

I wouldnt call him consistent until he has a few years under his belt. Look what happened to Giggy-puff.

The Devils just arent taking advantage when the opportunity presents itself. We've been in both games so far, hit a few posts, and given up some bad goals on the opposite end. I said it once before, its Marty's turn to really take control of the game. He hasnt done so yet. and if anyone can be called "consistent" Its Marty.

LETS GO DEVS!!!