High school bans traditional crossdressing day

David Puddy

Unfortunately, this is not a joke like the I-69 thing.

http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/3925071/detail.html

Homosexuality Worries Get School To End Cross-Dressing Day

POSTED: 7:54 am EST November 17, 2004

UPDATED: 10:30 am EST November 17, 2004

SPURGER, Texas -- Boys in the Spurger, Texas, school district won't be wearing dresses Wednesday and girls aren't going to be putting on men's suits.

That after a parent complained about a dress-like-the-opposite-sex day -- an annual Homecoming week tradition.

According to the tradition, boys and girls reverse social roles for one day during homecoming week. It lets the older girls invite boys on dates, open doors and pay for sodas. It also calls for guys to dress like girls -- and girls like guys.

However one parent complains the practice has homosexual overtones. School officials call that statement "inflammatory and misleading."

The Liberty Legal Institute came to the aid of parent Delana Davies, who was concerned about officially sanctioned cross-dressing. Davies said having boys dress like girls is part of an effort to push a homosexual agenda in public schools.

An attorney for the tiny East Texas school district says there's no hidden agenda. He said the dress-up day was just intended to be fun for the kids.

Still, the tradition is being scrapped and the district will hold "Camo Day" instead -- with black boots and Army camouflage to be worn by everyone who wants to participate.

So they go from Homosexuality agenda to war agenda that seems good lol

Indeed. Sounds just like Texas to me. :rolleyes:

You know, I'm surprised this has happened for so long, considering that this IS Texas we're talking about.

CLARIFICATION: I've always seen Texas as "the macho state"... you know, where the men are men and so are the women. :P That's why it strikes me as odd that a crossdressing tradition had been allowed to survive for so many years.

Edited by Rowdyfan42

Davies said having boys dress like girls is part of an effort to push a homosexual agenda in public schools.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait a minute, if this is a tradition, how long has it been going on? What is the homosexual agenda? :noclue:

CLARIFICATION:  I've always seen Texas as "the macho state"... you know, where the men are men and so are the women.  :P  That's why it strikes me as odd that a crossdressing tradition had been allowed to survive for so many years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, you've never heard that all Texas has is steers and queers? :P

Of course this isn't true since I'm here now. :D

Hey.. don't mess with Texas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right on! :clap:

Seriously, though, being a native Texan I remember my high school having a day like this every year and nobody having a fit about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.