Player Ratings

Akuma

I don't know much about ratings in 2K hockey, but as far as NHL 06 goes, my guess is Crosby will be in the high 70s or low 80s, with an outrageous potential curve. So by the start of the second season, he'll be in the upper 80s.

I'd say Ovechkin is in the mid 70s with a slightly lower potential curve, probably in the low 80s by the second season. Same with Malkin.

Personally, I'm curious about Parise. My thoughts are they'll start him in the low 70s (72-74) and he'll bump up to the upper 70s in his second season -- provided he plays in the NHl this season.

Edited by insanity_gallops

Not from what I've read. Release date for NHL 2006 is Sept. 13th for consoles, Sept. 16th for PC, I believe.

Roster updates should be available later in October, though, so that gamers can get Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. onto their rosters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never understood why they can't include them now. The team owns the players' rights, and EA has the teams liscense, so why can't they be included in the game?

As a result, your teams never start with any decent prospects. :saddevil:

I think it has to do with the licensing agreement with either the NHL or NHLPA (can't remember which).  It states that players cannot be included in video games until they have played in at least one NHL game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you'd need to get the licenses for all the other leagues that the prospects might be playing in...

And then you wouldn't be able to include any playing in college, since the NCAA won't allow it. :argh:

I guess my fantasy of NHL 2024 (or sometime thereabouts) including all of a teams prospects and their leagues will never be realized. :(