Aaron Voros

Voros19

I'm sort of curious as to what other Rats fans (as well as others who have seen him play) think of Voros, and his future with the Devils organization.

He was one of the few Rats FA who was qualified, so Lou obviously thinks he's useful in some capacity (whether it's for the AHL team or eventually w/ the Devils). He's a bit older than most other prospects, but I think, provided he adds some weight, he has the qualities to be a solid 4th line NHL agitator who's a good forechecker and has a nose for the net.

What do all of you think?

I really liked the way he picked up the "roughing up" responsibility after Sgroi left and Clarkson got injured. I think it gave him some motivation. He seemed to really want to score and be a leader on the team and that was really pleasing to see. The year before he was very wishy washy, I dunno, just didn't really seem to care a whole lot. I don't think he'll be great, but could see him playing for the Devils at some point.

If a spot were to open up next season on the 4th line, I'd definitely give him a shot.

• 1 month later...

Apparently so......my boyfriend has opinons on Voros......but he isn't so much of a Devils fan, so ain't gonna be touring these parts any time soon.

So....it'll suck for you not having Voros around all the time. And Suglobov is gone too. Damn it'll be weird this season.

JAG (just a guy), completely non-descript winger that every organization has a number of. He'll probably be a career minor leaguer, maybe an NHL fourth line journeyman, quite possiibly a manager at a Vancouver area Tim Horton's. He'll be unrestricted after this upcoming season, so you can probably count on your hands the number of games he'll ever play for the Devils.

I've seen him play a few times for last 2 years. He started the year on fire then tailed off. Could never tell if he was in Ftoreks doghouse. Cause he played on everyones line, settling onb the 4th midway through the season. He has a decent shot, but most of his goals will be espo-esque. Hard to say what he'll do. But he plays his role pretty well.

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen him play a few times for last 2 years. He started the year on fire then tailed off. Could never tell if he was in Ftoreks doghouse. Cause he played on everyones line, settling onb the 4th midway through the season. He has a decent shot, but most of his goals will be espo-esque. Hard to say what he'll do. But he plays his role pretty well.

He was, as you've mentioned, in Ftoreks dog house. But... with him gone I think we will see Aaron presented with the opportunities he wan't given last year. Aaron is a devoted team player and will sweat blood for someone he respects. I've seen him play since the little leagues. He has fire!

And to respond to the comments, "JAG (just a guy), completely non-descript winger that every organization has a number of. He'll probably be a career minor leaguer, maybe an NHL fourth line journeyman"...

... non-decript?? You obviously aren't too familiar with his play. Especially if you only know him for the few minutes a game Robbie would play him on most nights. A guy you hate to play against but would give anything to have on your team. No, he may not be 'the next one' or anything but he's character, defined. An attribute, along with his talents, every team wants.

Good luck in camp!!

... non-decript?? You obviously aren't too familiar with his play. Especially if you only know him for the few minutes a game Robbie would play him on most nights. A guy you hate to play against but would give anything to have on your team. No, he may not be 'the next one' or anything but he's character, defined. An attribute, along with his talents, every team wants.

Good luck in camp!!

I'm completely familiar with Voros and he is exactly that; a completely non-descript, dime-a-dozen, journeyman. Ther are plenty of guys you can pull off the scrap heap that will give you exactly what Voros does. He's a five minute a night guy in the NHL, AT BEST. The problem is too many people have crushes on guys they see play in the minors and they think every forward from a terrible Albany team is going to be a good NHL player. It's pure fantasy.

I'm completely familiar with Voros and he is exactly that; a completely non-descript, dime-a-dozen, journeyman. Ther are plenty of guys you can pull off the scrap heap that will give you exactly what Voros does. He's a five minute a night guy in the NHL, AT BEST. The problem is too many people have crushes on guys they see play in the minors and they think every forward from a terrible Albany team is going to be a good NHL player. It's pure fantasy.

...Your opinion

Mine? He's far from scrap heap. A Tikkannen/Leclair of sorts in the making.

Have you seen him anywhere but in Albany under Ftorek? You'll see. :ph34r:

A crush? No. Admiration and respect? You betcha!