Chico Comment from Last Night

drivingrain27

I think the cuban sandwich is my favourite.

Although "as you know Doc, I've eaten hot dogs throughout the world" is a pretty great line.

Edited by Vinnie

Last night, Chico said something to the effect of "This is why I think the Devils should never pull Brodeur. No matter what happens in the first period, they need him for these big saves later on in the game. If they are going to have any chance of coming back, they need him in there in the 2nd and 3rd period and that's just what we've seen tonight."

Of course, this is counter what he said during the Dallas game after Brodeur let in his 2nd stinker, where he said something to the effect of: "Doc, they gotta get Marty out of there. They gotta pull him. Get Weekes in there now and give him a few minutes this period to get warm. It's clear that Brodeur doesn't have it tonight and Sutter's gotta pull him now."

Thoughts? Did his opinion change drastically after only 3 games?

you're dead on, i caught that comment and was like man chico's nuts...lol!

i actually think that is his best quality! the dude is insane...i love it!

chico rocks!

I thought the nacho clip was great. We backed up the dvr to watch it again, that look on his face as he watched those nachos being made was just priceless. I liked when Doc said something about how it looked like it was hard to grab a chip with all the toppings and Chico said they did a good job of editing, I had cheese all over my face and in my moustache too, and he seemed to think that was awesome. They did look pretty good.

This reminds me...

I ran into Chico last year while walking around the arena with a couple of buddies after a dismal game by the Devils. I'm not going to look it up, but I think Marty gave up 6 goals and was yanked from the game. The Devils lost like 7-1 or something.

Anyway, we're wandering around and ran into Chico and started up a conversation while he was signing autographs for us. He mentioned something like "Marty had a stinker today, eh?" I "buddy punched" him on the shoulder and said "Oh, come on - you know what it's like to give up 6 goals, don't ya?" He glares at me, says "Get the hell away from me - no autograph for you!" A couple seconds later he was laughing at it, though.

That was hilarious, and he played it just right - nice guy!