INTO THE WILD

Comandante

So have you seen it yet? What do you think?

I saw the movie yesterday and I can only say that Sean Penn has great, i mean great talent for film making. The soundtrack combined with the beautiful pictures makes it great. In my opinion it's really good and deep movie that gives you alot of thoughts afterwards, (As usual when Sean Penn is involved) and it really touched me.

I didn't like the kid AT ALL. I think you needed a more irritating charismatic type .. that kid was too modern and Leonardo DiCaprio suave. You need a goofy guy - off balanced yet amazingly charismatic -- a Marjo Gortner type - and not one of you know who he is do you :giggle:

I appreciate Sean Penn's take on it, but I think he wasn't in touch with the real person -- he made a film thinking "what would MY, Sean Penn's, motivation be here?" I mean -- that's all one can do at the end of the day and all -- but in the end while it was very pretty and I enjoyed it -- I think he could have been more imaginative.

Either that or he was trying to make it all too likable/commercially viable - which I can see the point to that. I was disappointed. I think the real kid was far more than Penn brought to the table. I think we all forget what unpolished characters we humans really are. The dude was far more rich - a real gem of a character than that actor could ever be.

Oh lest there be any misunderstanding I really disliked the guy when reading the book. You think - he got was coming to him and its tragic. The movie did get my pulled in a little more - I was able to see the appeal a little more clearly when you shellac it up with a hollywood starlet -- but at the same time you really lose the depth of his appeal - and I, as Sean Penn did, obviously, -- really felt HE could have pulled off that role far more effectively. But alas he was too old. I dislike Sean Penn immensely - but that doesn't detract from his artistic talent.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would... I did love the scenery.. and the story in general is amazing to me how someone could want to separate themselves so much from "stuff" And thats not a negative thing, it fascinates me.

Well.. I thought the actor did a really god job. I hadn't heard of this story before I saw the movie so I didn't have any expectations. That's maybe why I loved this movie. I was kind of surprised, even if it's a hollywood movie, it's a good one. And I doesn't understand you when you say that sean penn does it in a sean penn-way and that he didn't know the man. What I've read sean penn had alot of talks with the parents and the sister of chris. And ofcourse, the film ends up in a Sean Penn way, what other way is there? If you made a film it would surely be in "your" way. Well, I think the movie was great and everyone who haven't seen it. SEE IT!

. And I doesn't understand you when you say that sean penn does it in a sean penn-way and that he didn't know the man. What I've read sean penn had alot of talks with the parents and the sister of chris. And ofcourse, the film ends up in a Sean Penn way, what other way is there? If you made a film it would surely be in "your" way. Well, I think the movie was great and everyone who haven't seen it. SEE IT!
Edited by Pepperkorn

okey I got your point. And surely Sean Penn added a more romantic perspective to the movie. But I have great respect for sean penn and this movie anyway. Even if it's not like how it was in the reality my heart broke in the end. Because of the sympathy you get for the guy. And I kind of liked the thing you call hippie-love blabla stuff. It's too little of that thing in movies today. Even if this movie wasn't the very best I've got great respect for people making films not just about american footballteams and "girlproblems". It's too much of that junk.