2008 Undrafted Free Agents

thefiestygoat

I figured that I would make this thread since the Devils have expressed interest in Matt Gilroy and I am sure there are some other players of interest out there. First, here is the info on Gilroy:

http://wtbusports.blogspot.com/2008/03/gilroys-gone.html

Men's hockey junior defenseman Matt Gilroy will not be back with the Terriers for his senior season. The Hockey East all-star has been fielding offers from several NHL teams, including the New Jersey Devils, and is expected to sign with a team in the near future, according to a source close to the situation.

I have seen almost every game Matt Gilroy has played at the collegiate level. I could talk about the kid for days.

Instead, here's a video ---> Gilroy walks on to Stardom

I should warn you though, Matty grew up an Islanders fan and they are also trying to sign him. Hell, he's the only Islanders fan I've ever met. And while he could certainly put on weight, don't expect him to get any bigger. I don't think his frame could handle it; he's built like Paul Martin.

And of course, the Devils should go after Ryan Duncan of the Sioux, but St. Louis has the upper hand in signing him.

There are also a pair of forwards from UNH, Mike Radja and Matt Fornataro, that are now available to be signed. And if we're gonna pick up another D-man, I'd like to give Colorado College's Jack Hillen a shot.

Thanks for the video on Gilroy.

Duncan is an interesting player, but it looks like he has had a bit of a down year (although still a good year at the college level) stats. Also, he is really, really small. Not sure if he can make it in the NHL, hell Gionta is bigger than him. I wouldn't mind Lou trying to sign him to add an offensive player to the organization but it seems like he will get a lot of offers since he won the Hobey Baker Award last year and that should make it hard to sign him.

I'm hearing that Matt Gilroy will not go pro this year, which must be a shocker to the dozen or so reporters that wrote about him bolting the minute his season ended, but not so surprising if you know him or his family.

Maybe next year though. He'd look damn good on our blueline.

However, if this rumor is false, and he does sign with someone other than the Devils, I'm gonna punch the guy that told me.