Brodeur expecting big rebound

thelastonealive

no he had a BIG fvckING OOPSIE that cost his team a key playoff game when his team was playing well at that point, and carried most of the game.... "all-time greats" are NOT allowed that level of mistake in a key sequence in the playoffs.... but hooray he's gonna have every single regular season record known to man.... yay!! :doh1:

Last time I checked... all-time greats are still human-beings

With three Stanley Cups, three Vezina Trophies and 10 All-Star appearances, Martin Brodeur has earned the right to be a little cocky, even after giving away a playoff game to his team's top rival. "I'm the top player on this team, to a certain extent, and for us to win, they need me to be perfect," Brodeur said. "I played pretty good until that little mistake I made."

I read this article earlier this morning and knew that it would be posted here and knew that people were going to call Marty arrogant. The REPORTER calls him cocky. Marty is not being cocky IMHO. Many people on this board have been saying all season that Marty is the best player (sometimes the only player on this team worth anything) and that in order for this team to succeed he has to be nearly perfect. All this shows is that Marty realizes what many have been saying all year. He is owning up to the fact that he knows he has to be perfect and he wasn't. I think many read it with the cocky / arrogant slant because that is the way the reporter set it up to be read. That doesn't mean that was the way he was being.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/d...ig_rebound.html

With three Stanley Cups, three Vezina Trophies and 10 All-Star appearances, Martin Brodeur has earned the right to be a little cocky, even after giving away a playoff game to his team's top rival. "I'm the top player on this team, to a certain extent, and for us to win, they need me to be perfect," Brodeur said. "I played pretty good until that little mistake I made."

DAMN right Brodeur will bounce back and the Devils need to stick to these clowns in Game 2 tomorrow night. Enough is enough now and they need to really get physical and crash the net as nuch as they can and score goals.

I read this article earlier this morning and knew that it would be posted here and knew that people were going to call Marty arrogant. The REPORTER calls him cocky. Marty is not being cocky IMHO. Many people on this board have been saying all season that Marty is the best player (sometimes the only player on this team worth anything) and that in order for this team to succeed he has to be nearly perfect. All this shows is that Marty realizes what many have been saying all year. He is owning up to the fact that he knows he has to be perfect and he wasn't. I think many read it with the cocky / arrogant slant because that is the way the reporter set it up to be read. That doesn't mean that was the way he was being.

Couldn't have said it any better. You need to be confident in order to win. When was the last time a cold player won something good. He needs to believe he can bring this series back and that is all he is doing.