TV

Donato2327

So here in South Jersey I don't get any Devils games on TV :argh: I usually listen to the game on the radio or watch it the 2 times a season the Devils are on versus. I'm going to Rutgers, New Brunswick campus, next year. Will I get Devils games up there!?

So here in South Jersey I don't get any Devils games on TV :argh: I usually listen to the game on the radio or watch it the 2 times a season the Devils are on versus. I'm going to Rutgers, New Brunswick campus, next year. Will I get Devils games up there!?

yes. we get MSG and MSG+ here

but not MSG+2 or Versus

yes. we get MSG and MSG+ here

but not MSG+2 or Versus

Oh sweet! I'm pumped. The only bad thing is though is that I'm actually a Phillies and Eagles fan too (Sorry guys) so I guess I won't get any of those games. Oh well, sh!t happens.

Do you go to Rutgers or just live near New Brunswick?

Oh sweet! I'm pumped. The only bad thing is though is that I'm actually a Phillies and Eagles fan too (Sorry guys) so I guess I won't get any of those games. Oh well, sh!t happens.

Do you go to Rutgers or just live near New Brunswick?

ha no way. I'm a Phillies and Eagles fan too (and Yankees) lol

the Eagles were actually on TV alot this year so it wasn't a problem

you won't get to see the phils alot tho, it's pretty much only when they play the Muts

or if they make the playoffs

and yea I'm a freshman at RU now.

you won't get to see the phils alot tho, it's pretty much only when they play the Muts

This does not compute.

This is unacceptable :P

Edited by Top Shelf

haha no way I thought I was the only one

How do you like RU?

Edited by Donato2327

I don't know if I like that reasoning. I'll have to sleep on it.

You're off the hook for the time being.

well thank you. i'll give you another reason too, maybe you'll find this one more legit

my dad was born and raised in Philly, and loves the Phils. I've been a Phils fan since

before i started really watching baseball. Then when i was like 7, i started following

the Yanks because i could actually watch them on TV, living in North Jersey, and

i've been been a diehard of both teams ever since

well thank you. i'll give you another reason too, maybe you'll find this one more legit

my dad was born and raised in Philly, and loves the Phils. I've been a Phils fan since

before i started really watching baseball. Then when i was like 7, i started following

the Yanks because i could actually watch them on TV, living in North Jersey, and

i've been been a diehard of both teams ever since

Ok you win this round. I won't go against the dad factor. :lol:

I went the opposite of every team my dad follows. Thankfully he never got into hockey so I don't have to get in any pissing contests with him over the Devils.

Basketball I have no use for. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Basketball I have no use for. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Agreed. Remember in 2003 when the Devils and Nets went to the finals, and in the parking lot they gave out Devils/Nets car flags? Why the hell would they think I wanted my Devils flag ruined with some basketball bull crap. I hate basketball. Thank god the Nets stayed at the IZOD center (formerly known as Continental Airlines Arena lol)

haha no way I thought I was the only one

How do you like RU?

don't worry, you'll find alot of us here

there's a bunch of ppl in my building who like them too

RU is great. i never pictured myself here, but i'm so glad this is where i ended up.

where do you wanna live next year?

RU is great. i never pictured myself here, but i'm so glad this is where i ended up.

where do you wanna live next year?

Yeah same. I was really skeptical about RU because everyone talks about how it's in the city and you need buses for everything. But after I visited it I thought it was awesome. I'm really excited.

I want College Ave., after that I guess either Busch or Livingston, but I put my deposit in so late I'll probably end up at Cook. Joy.

FYI, I want to see you, all your friends and everyone else at Rutgers at all the ice hockey games. The Ice Hockey team is the new football team, spread the word.

FYI, I want to see you, all your friends and everyone else at Rutgers at all the ice hockey games. The Ice Hockey team is the new football team, spread the word.

We don't have an NCAA ice hockey team, it's just a club team. Club teams don't really have fans other than like the players' girlfriends or whatever.

As for the TV situation, I emailed them the other day asking about possibly adding Versus and the NHL Network and here was my response.

"Thanks for the input. we've looked at Versus (even when it was Outdoor Channel) but while it is relatively inexpensive as a premium service, it would add around $20,000 per year to our programming costs. I'm not sure if NHL is an option, but will certainly check. From time to time we've thought about dropping MSG and MSG+, and using those funds to bring alternative programming. As a sports fan what is your reaction to that plan?"

I told him that's a terrible idea because following the local teams is more important than whatever nationally televised game is on. He thanked me for the input and said he will keep watching the situation on hockey because after a few years, YES finally became affordable so they added it this year or last year, so maybe the same thing will happen with Versus or NHL Network.

I told him that's a terrible idea because following the local teams is more important than whatever nationally televised game is on. He thanked me for the input and said he will keep watching the situation on hockey because after a few years, YES finally became affordable so they added it this year or last year, so maybe the same thing will happen with Versus or NHL Network.

good call. if we lose those two stations i will flip out on their sorry asses

Yeah same. I was really skeptical about RU because everyone talks about how it's in the city and you need buses for everything. But after I visited it I thought it was awesome. I'm really excited.

I want College Ave., after that I guess either Busch or Livingston, but I put my deposit in so late I'll probably end up at Cook. Joy.

i live on Cook. it's really not that bad. my dorm has air conditioning which is really nice and my room is bigger than most of my friends'.

plus livingston is a mess right now, so you prob don't wanna live there anyway. and they're gonna start construction on college ave next year i believe

We don't have an NCAA ice hockey team, it's just a club team. Club teams don't really have fans other than like the players' girlfriends or whatever.

Yeah I know. But the hockey team is getting alot better and its decent hockey to watch. It's no Michigan or BC game, but it's good hockey and fun to watch