oat77

***EDIT UPDATE*** Hey just saw this on the promotions schedule and remembered my old post. Just wanted to remind people about a good cause and what should be a pretty cool exhibit. Its Saturday Nov. 14th against the Caps. Its also part of the Guys Night Out Promotion. So no reason we shouldn't have another gomez that night. GuysNightOutPromotion ***EDIT UPDATE***

At first when I saw this I just figured it was another food drive going on. Until I saw the picture of what they do with the cans and then saw that some will be made into Devils themes. That actually sounds pretty interesting and should be some good photo opportunities.

Canstruction at Prudential Center

The event gives architects the opportunity to display their talents while also serving as a benefit for the hungry. Following the exhibitions, the immense 10- by 10- by 8-foot high structures are dismantled and all of the canned food is donated to charity. The themes of this year’s competition will be the New Jersey Devils, the Prudential Center, the City of Newark or hockey. To be held during the Devils game on Nov. 14 vs. Washington at Prudential Center at 7 p.m.

So what ideas do you guys have? Mine is a Scott Stevens leading with his shoulder and a player on the ground with no head, just cans scattered everywhere.

canstruction11.jpg414195852_49007676ef.jpg?v=1173332644

Edited by oat77

At first when I saw this I just figured it was another food drive going on. Until I saw the picture of what they do with the cans and then saw that some will be made into Devils themes. That actually sounds pretty interesting and should be some good photo opportunities.

Canstruction at Prudential Center

So what ideas do you guys have? Mine is a Scott Stevens leading with his shoulder and a player on the ground with no head, just cans scattered everywhere.

canstruction11.jpg414195852_49007676ef.jpg?v=1173332644

I've seen this in New York last year and its an absolutely amazing exhibit, for a number of reasons, many of which are mentioned in the article. You can't appreciate a lot of the works from photos alone. Standing next to these cans arranged in such creative ways, to massive heights in some cases, is a little mind-numbing.

This turns the Devils food drive, a good deed that is wayyyyyy too under the radar, into a premiere event that will garner some press, to boot. It doesn't hurt that a Saturday night versus and exciting Washington team will be a great game to come out to anyway. It's these kinds of initiatives that will separate the organization from the rest of the pack in terms of community and fan relations. I really can't crow enough about Canstruction and it being at Prudential Center.

I've seen this in New York last year and its an absolutely amazing exhibit, for a number of reasons, many of which are mentioned in the article. You can't appreciate a lot of the works from photos alone. Standing next to these cans arranged in such creative ways, to massive heights in some cases, is a little mind-numbing.

This turns the Devils food drive, a good deed that is wayyyyyy too under the radar, into a premiere event that will garner some press, to boot. It doesn't hurt that a Saturday night versus and exciting Washington team will be a great game to come out to anyway. It's these kinds of initiatives that will separate the organization from the rest of the pack in terms of community and fan relations. I really can't crow enough about Canstruction and it being at Prudential Center.

I'm with ya, this is gonna be so cool. Glad that game's a part of the weekend plan.

• 2 months later...