Yankees Are Struggling

CHICO IS GOD

What's going on? 2 and half games out of first? I'm sure they'll snap out of it but we look like crap right about now. Too many injuries, bullpen sucks, and starters have been getting rocked. The offense is somewhat producing with Soriano leading the way but Giambi remians cold. Clemens try for 300 at home failed today and he will probably get it in front of an opposing crowd. George will pull the trigger soon.

So much for the 2003 Yankees being better than the 1998 Yankees, eh.

I don't think the Yankees are that good. I never was high on them to begin with. I have to admit I was about to change my tune, but this team got lot of holes. Their bullpen has been a disaster. Their pen makes the Mets bullpen look like the Nasty Boys. Acvedo stinks and Osuna is no better. It's so bad that Torre is overusing his starters to go to the max and then use Rivera. This is not good.

I am not sure if Pettitite will ever be good again. I think he has become hittable nowadays. I am not a Mussina fan and I knew he would get back to earth. Clemens is your only hope really.

Matsui has been a bust IMO. Klapisch wrote about how he may go to the mnors real soon in yesterday's paper. The only thing that has saved Matsui is his defense and the fact he rises to the occasion on big games. Other than that, his stats are no better than Mo Vaughn. I have no idea what's wrong with Giambi. I know he and his trainer are close and he is not happy that his trainer can not go to the clubhouse at all.

Yankees are lucky to play in a horrible division. Boston will find a way to choke. You know they will. Toronto? Maybe, but they are just too young and their pitching is not that good enough.

They are a playoff team, but after that, who knows. Yankees best hope is to meet Seattle in the divisional playoffs and then hope that they meet the Twins in the ALCS.

So much for the 2003 Yankees being better than the 1998 Yankees, eh.

Not many teams could even compare, that could of been one of the top 3 teams in history.

I don't think the Yankees are that good. I never was high on them to begin with. I have to admit I was about to change my tune, but this team got lot of holes. Their bullpen has been a disaster. Their pen makes the Mets bullpen look like the Nasty Boys. Acvedo stinks and Osuna is no better. It's so bad that Torre is overusing his starters to go to the max and then use Rivera. This is not good.

Rivera hasn't pitched in days and that may be the only approach that gives us a chance to win. PLEASE KARSAY, MIRACLE RECOVERY!

I am not sure if Pettitite will ever be good again. I think he has become hittable nowadays. I am not a Mussina fan and I knew he would get back to earth. Clemens is your only hope really.

Andy's curve doesn't break the same way and I'm afraid whenever he has to throw the heat when behind in the count. Don't forget this is Pettitte's contract year.

Matsui has been a bust IMO. Klapisch wrote about how he may go to the mnors real soon in yesterday's paper. The only thing that has saved Matsui is his defense and the fact he rises to the occasion on big games. Other than that, his stats are no better than Mo Vaughn. I have no idea what's wrong with Giambi. I know he and his trainer are close and he is not happy that his trainer can not go to the clubhouse at all.

Matsui can't even drive the ball, those little dribblers down the 1st base line won't bring any hits.

Yankees are lucky to play in a horrible division. Boston will find a way to choke. You know they will. Toronto? Maybe, but they are just too young and their pitching is not that good enough.

Not the worst division in the league though and TB and BAL are both improved.

They are a playoff team, but after that, who knows. Yankees best hope is to meet Seattle in the divisional playoffs and then hope that they meet the Twins in the

ALCS.

The Yanks will be in the post-season and I believe will not be out in the 1st round again.

My reply............