Cormier/Stoesz

titans04

Guess they've seen enough in Lowell. Myles has certainly exceeded expectations of most in Trenton, mine for sure. Watching Kevin's fight videos this year it looks as if staying on his feet is still a major problem. At this point I don't think either is ready to skate a regular shift in the AHL but Myles has proven to be better up until now. Still think Kevin can someday be a real solid fighter he just has a lot of work to do. Hopefully he takes advantage of the opportunity to dress every night and play a decent amount of minutes especially now with so many call-ups.

11/29/2009 Kevin Cormier (LW) Lowell DEL Reassigned by New Jersey (NHL) to Trenton (ECHL)

11/29/2009 Myles Stoesz (LW) Lowell ADD Reassigned by New Jersey (NHL) from Trenton (ECHL)

Edited by titans04

Guess they've seen enough in Lowell. Myles has certainly exceeded expectations of most in Trenton, mine for sure. Watching Kevin's fight videos this year it looks as if staying on his feet is still a major problem. At this point I don't think either is ready to skate a regular shift in the AHL but Myles has proven to be better up until now. Still think Kevin can someday be a real solid fighter he just has a lot of work to do. Hopefully he takes advantage of the opportunity to dress every night and play a decent amount of minutes especially now with so many call-ups.

11/29/2009 Kevin Cormier (LW) Lowell DEL Reassigned by New Jersey (NHL) to Trenton (ECHL)

11/29/2009 Myles Stoesz (LW) Lowell ADD Reassigned by New Jersey (NHL) from Trenton (ECHL)

Actually thought Stoesz played pretty well last night. His improvement is noticable. Be interesting to see if Cormier and Gallant will hook up today.

Edited by titansman

Actually thought Stoesz played pretty well last night. His improvement is noticable. Be interesting to see if Cormier and Gallant will hook up today.

So that explains why Corms wasn't in the stands and walking the concourse.

Eh bien maintenant, je suis de retour...

Et je suis appr

He dominated Gallant in the Q they fought twice and Kevin dropped him both times.

Elmira is suppossed to get some help from Bingo today, Tim Spencer could be another possibilty, Kevin has had great success against him. I think he really needs some confidence at this point, if he shows up with the right attitude hopefully he can gain some. On the flip side Stoesz has earned the shot.

Edited by titans04

He dominated Gallant in the Q they fought twice and Kevin dropped him both times.

Elmira is suppossed to get some help from Bingo today, Tim Spencer could be another possibilty, Kevin has had great success against him. I think he really needs some confidence at this point, if he shows up with the right attitude hopefully he can gain some. On the flip side Stoesz has earned the shot.

Did Stoesz actually pack his backs and head to Lowell?

Did Stoesz actually pack his backs and head to Lowell?

Normally I would say good question because it could be a move on paper because of the tight roster limit in the E. But I think the circumstances of Cormier sitting a whole bunch recently with the exception of one game in the middle of that spell and the way Stoesz has stepped up would indicate they really are switching the two players out for now. Now the question is what happens to Stoesz playing time up there once Neidermayer and Pandolfo return up top. I would think a couple forwards could be headed back to Lowell, along with a defenseman when Oduya gets activated. Factor in Castonguay having returned last night from a long stint on the sidelines as well. Unless I'm wrong the only banged up guy in Lowell at this point is Perkovich, right? Knock wood.

I would think a couple forwards could be headed back to Lowell, along with a defenseman when Oduya gets activated. Factor in Castonguay having returned last night from a long stint on the sidelines as well. Unless I'm wrong the only banged up guy in Lowell at this point is Perkovich, right? Knock wood.

Knock wood indeed, if it gives you comfort.

I think we got Eckford back already because Oduya was on the brink. Won't be getting Corrente back soon unless they want to swap him with Ecksy. Once the major league forwards return, I think we might get Sestito or Zharkov back. I'm not sure if either of them is waiver-eligible, it might decide which one comes first. Hopefully Lou won't risk losing somebody that he might need on a moment's notice.

Jury's still out on Castonguay, he had some bright moments but wasn't skating long shifts and didn't look like he was back to 100%. At least he was on the ice again. With the complete media blackout in Lowell, we have to listen to every one of MOB's radio broadcasts and hope he mentions the injured players, otherwise we never know what's really going on. Youse are lucky to have Chakler and Ashmore sniffing around and asking questions.

I hope Corms has a good game, no slew-footing, no stupid penalties, no game misconducts and no suspensions.

PS -- just heard Leaderer score. HIDE HIM.

Edited by Shtikl

Knock wood indeed, if it gives you comfort.

I think we got Eckford back already because Oduya was on the brink. Won't be getting Corrente back soon unless they want to swap him with Ecksy. Once the major league forwards return, I think we might get Sestito or Zharkov back. I'm not sure if either of them is waiver-eligible, it might decide which one comes first. Hopefully Lou won't risk losing somebody that he might need on a moment's notice.

Jury's still out on Castonguay, he had some bright moments but wasn't skating long shifts and didn't look like he was back to 100%. At least he was on the ice again. With the complete media blackout in Lowell, we have to listen to every one of MOB's radio broadcasts and hope he mentions the injured players, otherwise we never know what's really going on. Youse are lucky to have Chakler and Ashmore sniffing around and asking questions.

I hope Corms has a good game, no slew-footing, no stupid penalties, no game misconducts and no suspensions.

PS -- just heard Leaderer score. HIDE HIM.

You're right Oduya gives them 7, Martin would be the 8th when he returns. However when they activate Oduya they have to send somebody down because of the roster limit correct? I know PLL still counts on that 23 man roster because of the conditioning assignment. The way he's been "not" used this year by JL maybe they expose him to waivers in a effort to leave him in Lowell. If he gets claimed both of us lose. Regardless barring any more injuries for now you should see a couple bodies back soon, hopefully. Time to get back to winning.

I highly doubt it this is just more of the same on our part, top 2 or 3 in penalties, very little discipline and we took Friday night off too. With today's loss we will have alternated wins and loses over the last 11 games. 6 effin shots with 3 mins left in the 2nd? Don't need to know more than that. Jackals played a very disciplined game last night too.

Binda according to Dan's call probably missed the first Elmira goal that he beleives hit the back of the net and popped out.

Edited by titans04

Well that was disgraceful in every aspect of the game. 8 total shots on goal for the game.. In reality more of the same hot/cold, totally predictable at this point. Continues the pattern of alternating wins and loses as I said before now at 11 games. Cormier comes up empty in his first fight (Gallant) with neither guy getting off a single punch.

Nothing to like about this one, not a single thing.

Wow time to regroup for sure after this disaster. In the end if they don't find more offense and some guys on the blueline that figure out a way to stop the endless barrages on the goalie it won't matter. According to Kowalsky we have a whole bunch of defensive minded forwards. On one hand their lack of offense is very apparent but as a group they haven't displayed a whole lot when it comes to limiting the other teams chances. So for now we continue to tread water.

We got outshot the last 2 games 85-28, guess we blew our load for the season on Friday with 42. What an abberation the 42 on friday against Reading was based on the other 19 games we've played so far.

Edited by titans04

sestito is waiver-eligible but no one is going to take him, he's a spare forward. zharkov got more shots on goal in his first game than sestito has in his nhl career (i think). not that SOG are the end all, be all, but sestito is poor on the puck at the NHL level.

niedermayer is scheduled to come back on wednesday, i think sestito goes down. if a winger comes back, zharkov or pikkarainen gets sent down - probably zharkov, even though i'm not really sure what pikkarainen brings at this point. corrente goes back to lowell when oduya returns.

1) sorry the T-Devils didn't look good tonight. Only good news is that it didn't happen in Trenton so youse didn't have to watch. They're going to have to turn things around for themselves and not count on any help from Low Hell.

2) Sestito is worth more than points, he keeps the other team from scoring too. But if the princesses are done having their ball gowns hemmed, we'll take him back in the pigpen.