Devils Contest

lucifer91

So a while back I was at a Detroit game and filled out some contest thing. It was for 50,000 or a choice of 4 tix to any event or some stuff like that. The drawing was not yet but they said I advanced to the next round or something, so I won all expenses paid 3 night cruise in the bahamas, air fare included to florida. the only thing i would have to pay is goverment fees, port fees. I just have to go to this place and sit through an hour of advertising to get it.

Has anybody heard of this kind of stuff? Is it legit at all?

It sounds like they are looking for you to buy time share or something. If they pay for the costs to get you out there then maybe youll consider giving them your money.

Most people go and dont end up buying time share anyway.

But congratulations. I hope you win it all. Good luck.

I've "won" that twice already. I have never went but sat through their initial pitch and details of the cruise (it was outside of Princeton last year) As well as my best friend, his brother, and my gf. It is a timeshare pitch and the cruise didn't look too great. Think less Royal Carribbean and Celebrity Cruise Lines and more along a glorified ferry.

If it were the guys in the blue shirts who pester you at the games, I think the name of the company is "Sun" something, yeah, I've gotten those too. For me, it was at least 9 years ago and it was the same shpeil. Bascially, if you sign up for the free drawing and you match whatever criteria they are looking for, they give you a free vacation. All you have to do is pay fees and sit through a sales pitch. Honestly, not a bad deal, but don't expect anything spectacular. I never ended up going but mine was supposed to be a vacation in Mexico and I couldn't afford the fees, so I never went. In fact, when I got there and told how much I made, which was nothing as I was working part time through college, they apologized and said, "Oh, you're only entitled to this if you make more than $25,000" but they gave me the vacation anyway. Never took it due to school but it was an experience nonetheless.

I think there was a whole epic thread on this about a year or so ago here. It was amazing. Somebody had started a thread complaining of solicitors at The Rock, everybody chimed in with their own experiences, somebody from the company in question created an account on here just to refute the claims. Pretty awesome! Need to find that thread now... :D

If it were the guys in the blue shirts who pester you at the games, I think the name of the company is "Sun" something, yeah, I've gotten those too. For me, it was at least 9 years ago and it was the same shpeil. Bascially, if you sign up for the free drawing and you match whatever criteria they are looking for, they give you a free vacation. All you have to do is pay fees and sit through a sales pitch. Honestly, not a bad deal, but don't expect anything spectacular. I never ended up going but mine was supposed to be a vacation in Mexico and I couldn't afford the fees, so I never went. In fact, when I got there and told how much I made, which was nothing as I was working part time through college, they apologized and said, "Oh, you're only entitled to this if you make more than $25,000" but they gave me the vacation anyway. Never took it due to school but it was an experience nonetheless.

I think there was a whole epic thread on this about a year or so ago here. It was amazing. Somebody had started a thread complaining of solicitors at The Rock, everybody chimed in with their own experiences, somebody from the company in question created an account on here just to refute the claims. Pretty awesome! Need to find that thread now... :D

I remember that well! Dig it up! I think it is Sundance!