IT'S TIME TO CLOSE NHL CIRCUS

Rock

Who cares whether it is fair.

The owners are owners and it is their game and their league and tehir teams. The players a workers.

Supply and demand determines what happens and teh players, if they want to play in the NHL, have to take what the owners offer or not.

Otherwise they can play in a different league that will pay them more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EXACTLY So if the owners offer $9 mil per yr then why should the commish stop them!!!

Its the Owners who make the offers not the players... and even if the players counter and the owner agrees then we have to assume that the owner is being fiscally responsible right???

If not then the owner should not make the offer and negotiate w/ another player.

I really donot care who is to blame they both are... they both suck and ingeneral they DONOT CARE aboutt he fans...

Its a friggin joke that ahole slike us are here praying and trying to keep the candle lit for a seaosn while they are all out vacationing or doing stars tours of europe or just playing elsewhere...

i'm furstrated this probably didn;t even make sense!!!

But rum lets say the 5 teams who can spend these 9 million bucks a year do it on all the players they can within their budget. Then there are 25 other teams who cant do that. The hightest of all the offers is 4 million for this player. You don't think for one second the PA will have the owners in court for collusion saying "look see, the 25 teams are cooperating against us and won't pay"

Hey Red, let me give you an example of your flawed thinking.

30 different people want to bid on E-bay for a signed Brodeur jersey. However, the 5 people with the most money drive up the bidding to $1,000. Because of that, everyone else selling similar jerseys won't sell their jerseys unless the bidding reaches $1,000. So you're going to blame the other 25 people who couldn't afford to bid on the first jersey for driving up the price?

Don't blame the owners like they are one group, and can't control their spending. Teams like Edmonton trade away good players before their contracts expire because they can't meet the market price that a select few of the other owners have set by overspending.

The proposal was fair to the players, but the owners were still not being fair to the fans. The $32-42 million range is far too high -- we need a range of something like $20-30 million in order to get ticket prices down, and that's what's needed.

The fact that the NHLPA rejected this totally disgusts me. The owners' next offer had better be lower than this one -- maybe then the NHLPA would get their head out of their backsides.....???

$20 - 30 million Nature? Are you nuts? Man, I was going to make this other big post but why bother.

The bottom line is this season has come to the sad conclusion many thought it would.

Whenever they do return, I hope there's a new commissioner and a new PA representative. I hope that there is a cap but one that's fair to all 30 participants. I hope there's a marketing plan attached to trying to restore credibility. I hope they put in the right rule changes and not ones that turn the sport into a three-ring circus. I hope that whatever cap the league winds up with, ticket prices are reduced by 20 percent rewarding the fans for their patience. And if the owners can't do that, then there's something wrong.

Until then, see ya all in Off Topic.