Devils See Rise In Gionta Stock

msweet

And Fedorov's numbers dipped sharply too. He was scoring in the 60's (he was actually scoring teens :rolleyes: get it? ) when earlier in his career he was putting up anywhere between 85-120pts a season.

Kozlov is no Fedorov though so he's probably not going to average a point per game, but everybody had sharp declines in scoring, it was the bowman factor, and the NHL factor.

Kozlov asked for a trade too, and was coming off a very serious torn achilles that was cut by a skate. That would lower anybody's trade value, but he's come back strong this year.

I don't know about this 48 hours thing, but Buffalo was considering trading Hasek for a long time.

Everytime the SBT hears the name Kozlov, images of devastating but clean shoulder to chin hits come to mind.

Happy images naturally.

Unfortunately, there's been a recent shortage of devastating hits.

And I remember what happened in the dressing room after they took Kozlov off. Fetisov waved a dollar bill in front of his face, and asked him if he knew what it was. When Kozlov answered correctly, Fetisov told him, "You're fine, get back out there."

I love that story.