Going to Lowell/Manchester game Feb 2nd

Weekes Head

Anyone been to a Lowell game this season? My boyfriend, myself, puckrock, and gordienumber9 are headed to Lowell to see the Devils/Monarchs game on February 2nd, gonna stay in MA for the night and then head back to Jersey to see the Buffalo game the next day. What are some good bars and restuarants in the area?

I also have a question about getting there.

Driving is the obvious choice, but that turns out to be a 4.5 hour drive each way. I know Long Island Ferrys run to Bridgeport, CT, but does anyone have a suggestion of how we could take a ferry? My thought would be to take it from LI to CT, then drive the rest of the way; but if there's a quicker way anyone knows of, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Driving is the obvious choice, but that turns out to be a 4.5 hour drive each way. I know Long Island Ferrys run to Bridgeport, CT, but does anyone have a suggestion of how we could take a ferry? My thought would be to take it from LI to CT, then drive the rest of the way; but if there's a quicker way anyone knows of, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Are we sure we wan me driving the whole time? Remember Pittsburgh? :rant: <---look I'm Greg Giraldo!

Thanks in advance!

Are you leaving from NJ or LI? If you leave from NJ you could be in Lowell in a little under 4 hours (depending on traffic.) From LI, the ferry is a good option. It probably won't save you time on your trip...other then being less driving time. There is a ferry from Port Jefferson, NY to Bridgeport and then about another 2 1/2 hours driving to Lowell. There is also a ferry from Orient Point, NY to New London, CT... with another 1 1/2 hours driving to Lowell from New London. You need to make a reservation for both ferries ahead of time.

I went to the game in September in Lowell between the Devils and Bruins. Seemed like a nice arena and ok town...very industrial. I only stayed for the game...so I'm not sure about the restaurants and bars.

Hope that helped. I drive to MA a lot...if you have any other questions.

Edited by Katie26

I think our best bet is leaving from New Jersey, puckrock. We could leave from my area and probably get there a lot quicker. Seeing as we're all rotating the driving anyways, that seems like the best option.

Works for me. Hey, maybe we should just give gordie more liquid codine on the drive there.. would make for a more quiet trip :P