Tribute to Burns

D95E00V03ILS

Walking on eggshells, I disagree. I won't really defend that much, cause I don't want to sound offensive.

I do feel awful about Pat Burns though, and this was a good article I googled up when thinking about it: http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/575227

edit: Disagree of a tribute in the rafters next to Stevens and Dano... I of course have no issues with a plaque or a statue, etc.

Edited by aylbert

Again, being politically incorrect I disagree. He coached here for 2 years, one year we won it. I respect him tremendously for his fight against cancer but I'd rather be a banner hung to support the fight against cancer then to honor Burns.

Bingo... cancer or NOT... you can't "Ray Bourque" Burnsie.... he was an awesome coach... if you want to do a Hockey Fights Cancer night and honor him... that's different

Jacques Lemaire is the ONLY coach so far who deserves any kind of banner... he's the #1 reason this franchise got righted!

I would definately agree with a night for Burns and a plaque dedication to him somewhere in the arena.

No banner needs to be raised for Burnsie, but I would love to see a Pat Burns Night. Nothing too crazy. Something along the lines of what they did for Doc this season. It would be a great gesture to extend toward someone who squeezed a Stanley Cup out of a roster that had little-to-no business winning one. Hell of a coach.