Photo

For those of you who thought Marty would object...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

We all grow old and that restricts us. Marty has had a great run and he can still have a good day and hopefully he gets many before the season is over. Congrats Marty

Wow, you're getting soft in your [more extreme] old age.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#42 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

You may not have meant it -  :evil: - but I'll post my thoughts in the Larsson thread.. there was one right?

I'm here for the party

#43 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Man, this article about Marty by Chere got me sad.

http://www.nj.com/de...10/post_35.html

Posted Image

#44 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,262 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Man, this article about Marty by Chere got me sad.

http://www.nj.com/de...10/post_35.html

Yeah, as much as harsh reality dictated that we would get here someday, it still sucks that someday has arrived.  But the article really put it in perspective...the guy was so good for so long, and though I already knew this, what's 100% true is that we were incrediby lucky to watch him play...his entire friggin' career HERE, no less!  Makes we wonder what the hell the mean-spirited type Devils "fans" are thinking when they're taking jabs at him. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 24 October 2013 - 03:47 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#45 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, as much as harsh reality dictated that we would get here someday, it still sucks that someday has arrived.  But the article really put it in perspective...the guy was so good for so long, and though I already knew this, what's 100% true is that we were incrediby lucky to watch him play...his entire friggin' career HERE, no less!  Makes we wonder what the hell the mean-spirited type Devils "fans" are thinking when they're taking jabs at him. 

This. It's amazing to see people kicking him when he's down, and seemingly taking joy in doing it. Also, I love how matter of fact and honest Holik is. You don't see that in the hockey world too much. (of course, he sort of stays out of the hockey world now, haha)

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#46 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

As signs point to the end, Devils Brodeur shows his usual grace

Friday, October 25, 2013

By TARA SULLIVAN
THE RECORD

Just as he promised he would do since the day Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello acquired Schneider in an off-season trade, Brodeur put his franchise first, acknowledging that what’s best for the Devils is no longer an immediate match to what’s best for him.

“I haven’t changed. I want to play every game. It’s not fun to sit,” he said. “The body feels good. That’s about it. It’s hard when you’re used to being the guy that’s counted on to play, and all the sudden you’re not asked to. It definitely makes it a little hard, but it’s part of the process of getting older.

“I hate not playing. That’s the bottom line. I play hockey to play hockey, not to watch and practice. But I’m happy it happens at 41 and not at 27.”

http://www.northjers...h.mw46mWrn.dpuf

Edited by 95Crash, 25 October 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#47 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Man, this is depressing. It's like watching the dog or cat you grew up with barely walk around with arthritis in his bones :(

#48 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

He's not THAT bad ...  it's just that he was that good. 

Honestly it bugs me most when people do act like he's sickly.  He's not sickly and he's still in the game, just relegated to normal NHL talent. 

I've always been a little weird this way, but getting older isn't depressing.  Broduer isn't hobbled. He hasn't been given a death sentence.  He's not an old arthritic dog pissing in the crease,  losing control of his bowels on ice. 

I'm here for the party

#49 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,262 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

He's not THAT bad ...  it's just that he was that good. 

Honestly it bugs me most when people do act like he's sickly.  He's not sickly and he's still in the game, just relegated to normal NHL talent.

I've always been a little weird this way, but getting older isn't depressing.  Broduer isn't hobbled. He hasn't been given a death sentence.  He's not an old arthritic dog pissing in the crease,  losing control of his bowels on ice. 

If only that was true.  He's not a former .340 hitter now hitting .275.  He's a former .340 hitter struggling to hit .200.  Like Babe Ruth at the end, he'll probably give us what equates to a 3-HR kind of day once or twice, but the .878 save% over his last 18 GP kind of spells out what he now is.     

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#50 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Man, this is depressing. It's like watching the dog or cat you grew up with barely walk around with arthritis in his bones :(

LOL ... i dont think marty is the "back up" yet.. what did everyone think here was going to happen this season.. the man is old hes still going to play however .. enjoy it when he does instead of hating on him because this will probably be his last season id have to imagine.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#51 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

LOL ... i dont think marty is the "back up" yet.. what did everyone think here was going to happen this season.. the man is old hes still going to play however .. enjoy it when he does instead of hating on him because this will probably be his last season id have to imagine.

Nah it's not that. All the articles coming out now (this week, especially) are just giving me the grim reality check that this is his last year before he retires. Guy's been my hero since I was 6 :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users