Lou on PreGame

StarDew

This might throw some light on one of the targeted acquisitions. If you believe this guy has his facts right:

from the Globe and Mail

The Leafs nearly acquired defenceman Sean Hill from the Carolina Hurricanes. A deal had been worked out between the two sides for a draft pick and a young player, but Hill's agent, Jeff Solomon, and the Leafs could not agree on a contract extension.

Hill, 34, has a no-trade clause in his contract. He told the Hurricanes last week that he would accept a trade to the Leafs and the New Jersey Devils.

Hill is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer and it was believed he would re-sign with the Hurricanes in the off-season. His wife, Margaret, is from Raleigh, N.C.

But after trades had been worked out with the Devils and Leafs, the Hill camp asked for a hefty guaranteed extension. Hill's salary this season is $2.05-million (all figures U.S.).

Well I've seen this in a number of places now (from what little I've seen of the board during its technical difficulties in the last day), so there might be some truth to it. If Hill did indeed want basically extortion money I can see why we backed away. :P

What does lou have to trade?? not a hell of a lot really. The farm team sucks, maybe ahonen has value. This organzation is not near as deep as it once was.

lou has to address this in the off-season. Hoping for magic from a 39 yr old coming off a concussion is futile. It'll be like starting skating after a full summer.

Things dont look very good for us right now, but, somehow we can pull out a 1st round series.

Vince

I hope I'm wrong, but I agree. Hard to see us going far in the playoffs, but if the right players get hot like they did last year we could make some noise. Hard to believe we'll even be the favorites in the 1st round, so we'll have some scrapping to do. Still, this team plays as well as anyone when they get hot, but these extended periods where we play like crap worry me.

Martin is a much better than average third pairing guy. Stick him with Albelin or Hale or Brown and it's not going to kill you.

Am I reading this wrong. What? He is a green rookie. And Brown? Not killing you?

Are you kidding me? Do you really believe that?

Belive it or not we have actually managed to win 34 games this season, many of those without Stevens... so I cannot really understand your panic here

First off...I am not in some state of panic. I love the Devils and they will always be my team.

But...did you watch (listen to) the game last night? You thoughts on Paul Martin's +/-?