Hockey fans on Non-Hockey Forums

CarpathianForest

I love arguing hockey on forums that aren't about hockey but have hockey threads.

There's this idiot on another forum I frequent who wrote that the Pens 12 game win streak last season was the greatest win streak. I responded by saying he should change greatest to maybe longest last season. He replied:

"Uh huh. A 12 game win streak (which was the longest last season) with 5 out of their top 9 out for most of it, and at least 4 out for the entire period makes it the greatest by that default alone. To suggest otherwise is silly. Dan Blysma won the Jack Adams because he got his team to believe they could win despite the fact they pretty much lost nearly two thirds of their top 9. That would destroy most teams. In fact, the most productive forward line during that run was the Rupp/Adams/Asham line. Now that says something when those three become your most productive line."

Pens fans are the dumbest hockey fans ever.

I threw a bunch of other things like Fleury and a solid defense being more responsible for that win streak so he shot back:

You clearly are the one who who has no clue by that post.

"Wow, check the amount of games the 3 big centermen played and ummm yeah, during that big 12 game win streak Rupp/Adams/Asham were the most productive line. It sure wasn't our top line of Neal/Letestu/Kovalev. During that important streak, we had no Malkin and Crosby. So why bring that ____ up? Like really?! And who cares what the Devils did in 95/96... which btw they failed to make the playoffs that year. Didn't look that up. I remember. Team goes from Cup Champs to hitting the Green the following year. Either way, freaking irrelevant much?! It wasn't just Fleury, it was our stingy defence. The best D in the entire league when at full health. Top shot blocker in Michalek, physical monster dman last season in Orpik, puck movers like Letang and Martin. Not many teams, if any, aside from the Pens could pull off what Blysma did with 5 of his top 9 out of the lineup. Also, we had some solid production out of our bottom six guys. But yeah, I have no clue.

Ask any Pens fan on the HF forums and they'll laugh you off the boards. Geeit real."

Any of the truly analytical guys wanna give me some more points to prove he's a moron?

Well, as a point to start you could look at the 12 teams they beat. Were they top seeded playoff teams or bottom dwellers? How many off days did they get in that streak and how many were at home so no travel?

fvck him. Ask him how the Penguins are doing right now. Also ask him if he knows Brodeurs record against the Pens. Also ask him if he remembers our 3 cups in 8 years if he wants to bring up past accomplishments.

This is why I think Rangers fans are dumb too. Bragging about being in 1st place for the first half of the season? What the hell does that even mean?