Ian Curtis Trivia

Nature's Minister

Ian Curtis was so damned cool. He was possibly the coolest person ever to have lived. He's so cool that Xiu Xiu wrote a song called "Ian Curtis Wishlist."

1. For which band was Ian best known as the lead singer?

2. What was the date of Ian Curtis' birth?

3. Where was he born?

4. What was the date of his death?

5. How did he die?

6. Name two albums created by his band.

7. Which band was formed by the remaining members of the band in question one?

Well I couldn't take the suspense any longer. :P Mr. Ian Curtis was born 7/15/56 in Stretford, England and tragically took his own life :saddevil: on 5/18/80. He was the lead singer of Joy Division, now called New Order.

Edited by devsRgreat

Well I couldn't take the suspense any longer. :P Mr. Ian Curtis was born 7/15/56 in Stretford, England and tragically took his own life :saddevil: on 5/18/80. He was the lead singer of Joy Division, now called New Order.

Wow, now you just hafta name two albums and it's a wrap. :D

well seeing as dRg already answered the other ones:

unknown pleasures

and closer were the two albums

then still, substance, the box set (which is AWESOME) and permenant(permanance?) were some others though i think they were all released after the fact. they did a few peel sessions too from what i remember. pretty good for a band that didn't last nearly as long as they should have.

there are a number of different rumors concerning exactly how he died including one where he tied a noose around his neck and then sat on a giant ice cube until it melted. I think he just hung himself though, no ice cube necessary. You get a glimpse of what he was like in the movie 24 hour party people including his strange robotic dancing.

joy division listed the sex pistols as a major influence, and if you listen to their earlier work, you can definitely hear it, though they deviated from the punk rock path in their later songs.

one of my most favorite bands ever.

-emily